21

Lemon Lover
21| Rain

A/N: sorry i haven't updated but i could write an entire novel about what happened in the meantime.

anyways i love this chapter

After that painfully awkward morning filled with groans, headaches and an awful lot of apologies from Ava's side to him but especially to Ashton, Calum had missed her at college on Monday.

He had texted her a 'get well soon' to which he hadn't received an answer yet and now it was Tuesday morning and about ten minutes into the lesson and the seat next to him was empty yet again.

He wondered if this was what she had felt like when he had stopped responding.

He had never taken their lyric exchanges too seriously. None of these bands were that unpopular so it hadn't surprised him that someone other than him and his friend group knew these songs.

The only thing that had surprised him, was finding out she was pretty.

Objectively, she wasn't outstanding. In a party crowd of dancing women there was no spotlight shining upon her, separating her from the rest, no magical glitter floating around her curves and no heads turned when she walked into the room.

Unless of course, she was barging through the door ten minutes late for class, interrupting the professor mid sentence before hurrying into Calum's direction.

She might have not been a fairy tale princess with her messily draped over flannel and dirty converse, but fuck was she attractive to him.

"Where were you yesterday?", he quietly spoke as the girl sat down beside him without a word.

Her eyes flickered to him briefly, but refocused quickly on pulling out her notebook from the erotically printed tote bag he recognised from that kiosk they went to a while back. "I didn't feel like coming here."

"So your parents just let you stay home?", Calum questioned further, examining the bag that she had tossed onto the table after she had gotten what she wanted from it.

He didn't waste much thought to it then, but soon he would feel just like that tote. Unwanted and used by her bittersweet intentions.

But now that his brain was still easing in unknowingness, his eyes were much more focused on the naked woman on the bag and his thoughts were occupied with their conversation.

"I never said my parents knew about it.", she hummed, only luring him further into the thoughts of what she could have possibly done the day prior.

But before he had the chance to ask her, Ava turned in her seat to face him, an idea shining prominently in her eyes. "D'you wanna go spraying again some time?"

She had been nervous to ask so simply blurting it out like ripping off a bandaid seemed like the best option.

He was caught off guard by her sudden change of energy, but quick to agree on meeting her that same night, even promising to bring snacks.

...

"Shit I forgot my backpack!", Calum cursed hours later as the two met under the same exact bridge they had fallen asleep under last time, running his hands through his perfectly tousled hair in frustration.