Hanako genuinely smiled at her friend, "I'm really happy for you."

"Thank you.. I'm really happy. He is perfect, Hana, I mean it!" Kurenai blushed, held the reports with one arm and placed her other hand on her cheek.

Hana's smile widened beneath her mask, remembering the words her beloved Jiraiya once said to her.

'A Shinobi's life is not measured by how they lived but rather what they managed to accomplish before their death.'

Being a Shinobi means friends and lovers could be taken away instantly, and it was easy to slip into a comfortable mindset - to think that it won't happen to you. Hanako wasn't an idiot. She knew damn well that it happened to her and would most likely happen again if she ever decided to open up to someone.

But Hana knew Kurenai always wanted a family, always reassuring Hana that love was worth it. That Hana should always choose gratitude.

Yet, a Shinobi's mission was never guaranteed. That's why Hana decided never to get too close to anyone, so the pain of losing them won't hurt as much. - Jiraiya was the only exception.

However, that didn't mean Hana wasn't happy for her friend. Quite the reverse- Hana was excited and glad that Kurenai got what she had always wanted in life.

"I always knew that you'll end up with Sarutobi," Hana said and stopped walking to place her hand on Kurenai's arm.

"Everyone said that after they heard the news of us dating." Kurenai chuckled and tilted her head cutely, making her dark brown hair shine in Konoha's morning sun. "I'm still waiting for you, though."

"Waiting for what?"

Kurenai wiggled her eyebrows and placed her hand on Hana's arm. "I'm waiting on who'll you end up with. Will it be Kakashi? Or Ko? What about Genma?"

Hanako sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'm not ending up with anyone. I don't date Kurenai."

"Shame. You're so beautiful!"

She sighed again and quickly changed the topic. "I need to go."

Typing a quick message to Kakashi that she was on her way, she hugged Kurenai tightly and smiled at her through her mask, "I'll come to the party. I promise."

"Good! I can't wait, Hana."

"Thank you for the conversation, Kurenai. I missed you!" she yelled back to her while already jumping away over the rooftops.

Hanako arrived at the field right on time when she saw how the silver-haired Jonin walked toward her with his three students following him. She quickly caught her breath, pretending that she had arrived a couple of minutes ago already.

"Wow, you actually made it on time, Sensei," She said and placed her hands on her hips.

Kakashi stopped talking to his students and gave Hanako a closed-eyed smile. "I promised, didn't I?"

Hana chuckled slightly, ignored his rhetorical question and looked at the three teens. "Are you excited to see me kicking your Sensei's arse?"

Naruto and Sakura cheered, but Sasuke crossed his arms in front of his chest. "A tiny woman like you has no chance against Kakashi."

Kakashi

Kakashi was surprised that Sasuke would be the one to stand up for him out of all his students, but he quickly shoved his excitement away.

He grinned under his mask and placed his hand on Sasuke's shoulder. "That's the support I want from my Team.", side-eyeing Naruto and Sakura, who betted clearly against him.