Weapons

Gore warning
Chapter 18
Weapons

A brief silence echoed the hall. Next thing I knew my hands were gripping James's collar the same way Levi had just done.

"Where, is he?" My teeth were grinding as I sneered. A ferocious look in my (e/c) eyes.

Levi glanced towards us and rolled his eyes, continuing to look out for people while listening carefully to our conversation.

I glared hard at James, his face was sheer fear. "I-I-I'll take you to his location, just please release me..."

I dropped him and stepped back to lean against the opposite wall of the torch lit hallway. James collected his composure for the second time in a few minutes and cleared his throat.

"It's going to be difficult to escape out of here unnoticed, but I know a moderately safe route." Leaving not one moment to spare James nods his head for us to follow him. Levi and I shared a sceptical look before following.

James was sticking to the walls while we both did the same. Trying to conceal our footsteps the best we could.

We heard distant voices that inched closer. James spun around and signalled for us to hide. I looked around frantically before finding a narrow crack tucked into the stone corridor. Must be from deterioration of the old castle.

I tapped Levi on the shoulder and showed him the hiding place. He looked at me confused before clicking his tongue and following.

Just in case of trouble I reached for my knife on my hip, but my hand was met with nothing but air. I cursed under my breath for being knocked unconscious on the trip here.

Levi shoved me into the three foot dark gap, shortly following. The crack in the wall was six feet deep. Sharp stone edges dug into my back as I shimmied further into the back of the dark area.

I heard James's voice speaking calmly to what I assumed were armed soldiers. I heard one of them raise their booming voice at James. James followed with a nervous stutter.

Levi accidentally bumped into my figure since it was very dark. He flinched when his shoulder hit mine. I too flinched but my head was already dangerously close to a rock edge protruding from the top of the crack in the wall. When I flinched I bashed the back of my head against it and semi-silently cursed out loud.

The arguing of the soldiers and James abruptly stopped before I heard James trying to stop them from stepping any closer to our location.

Levi shuffled closer to me, bracing himself by putting his arm beside my face. He was trying to make us sink further into the darkness to conceal us. In order to do that he had to get very close to me and drag the both of us to the furthest point in the crevasse.

I could hear his shuddered breathing on my ear, I could not help but shiver as my breathing hitched. It was so dark that I couldn't see Levi anymore. I only knew where he was because his body was basically pressed against mine.

The soldiers were outside of the crevasse, peering inside it. I was mentally cursing profanity after profanity for two different reasons. One, the soldiers were about to find us. And two, Levi was pressing me into a stone wall. I kept telling myself to think that this was because we had to blend into the darkness, but my mind kept trialing back to a more dirty place. I was completely ignoring the soldiers at this point. It did not matter because they were done investigating and were interrogating James with his odd behaviour recently. Once they were gone Levi still held me like this for a few more seconds after we couldn't hear the soldiers anymore. Once he stepped away I took a deep breath in, I must have been holding it in.