Embarkment

78 reads yay!

I changed the cover because I'm indecisive :)

Just saying eating instant ramen and watching anime in bed is amazing!
Who else agrees?

It's been around one month since I started this ff too.
Just a friendly reminder to not be a silent reader. I would absolutely love to hear your feedback! And votes as well...

⚠️WARNING, SLIGHT TRIGGER WARNING FOR MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH THIS SUBJECT⚠️
I will put "⚠️" as a warning.

Enjoy chapter eleven!
Embarkment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of training was boring. I was sparring against a wooden dummy with hay as its muscles. It didn't teach me much, mostly just to stay fit at least.

I was now lying in bed waiting to fall asleep and be welcomed by nightmares once more, last night I hadn't had any. It was strange for the most part, every night I would be plagued with nightmares about the night humanity had fallen under the blight. But since I met my friends again, they ceased to exist.

I was fiddling with my thumbs while staring at the ceiling for I don't know how long now. The light of the night was dull compared to the dark foreboding feeling that weighed on my mind.

This all seems too good to be true...

At this point I was waiting to wake up from this dream and be met with the rotting old wood of my shack instead of the cleanly kept one above me now. I had my friends returned to my life. I had a real home with a decent food supply. I actually felt safe. I wasn't scared about my rickety door being flung off its hinges to the defected, or worse. Them. The last thing I wanted was to even be near them, they would take me away and force me into the military. I had heard from Armin earlier today when we had a small chance to catch up and he told me about their ways, how they train you. How they feed you and more. Eren said it was like torture. I would rather die than be in the hands of the Marleyan or even the Eldain forces. They were just as bad.

That was the last thought on my mind before my eyes shut to the silence of the night.

-Time skip after breakfast-

"Alright everyone we will be going over the plans to go on our next expedition to try and get to the lab facility that created the 'Humanity's blight serum', and try to establish a safe house there." Erwin's voice boomed over the crowd of people that gathered in the mess hall. "However, we have not made successful contact with the facility. Defected have swarmed the place, preventing any contact. Our last expedition ended with many lives lost and nothing to show for it. But we will continue to move forward in the near future. I hope you will all support our actions once again." He finished.

Many people I did not know were crowding around a large wooden table with a parchment map that stretched fully across it to every corner. Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and that Jean guy, plus Levi, along with Hange were among them. The rest were strangers to me.

The map was decorated with dotted lines symbolizing past treks. Red "X's" meaning fruitless attempts, a cluster of trees and squiggly drawn lines for rivers. An array of tall pointed mountains and valleys, it was a classic map. There was one dotted line that did not end in a red "X". It only stopped. I was guessing this was our route to the facility. In various points across the map there were red circles.

"These are areas that we encountered Marleyan forces stationed." Erwin pointed to the red circles scattered on the map. "This is where we are." He pointed to a drawing of a castle that was near the bottom left of the paper.