Vol nine. (Shot to the heart)

"Hyewonnie?"

"Hyewonnie?"

The last hour has been too much to take in. The whole ordeal with a crazed-out Miyawaki Sakura, then suddenly she's dead. All because of a gunshot from Hyewon, your girlfriend. Complete and utter shock makes you forget that Yena and Eunbi are also there, standing inches behind her. They, too, can't believe what just transpired. Their gazes shift back and forth between the unconscious body on the floor and your bound-up nakedness in a chair.

"I-I-I'm sorry," she says regretfully, her grimace gradually fading to distress. "I didn't realize in the heat of the moment—"

"Hyewonnie! He's still tied there!" Yena snaps Hyewon out of remorse, which prompts her to drop the firearm and rush towards you. The others follow immediately without hesitation. Seconds later, you're freed from your restraints.

"Dear Lord, you look like you got fucked up really bad." Eunbi hands you a pair of pants from another person that you don't notice.

"No shit," you sneer at her while putting the trousers on. Your eyes scan Sakura's lifeless body sprawled out on the floor. "I was seconds away from getting actually fucked too."

"Yeah, we know. We heard everything," Hyewon replies as she cups your face gently. A tender kiss on the cheek complemented with delicate rubs of her fingers. Just the soft touch you desperately need after all that madness. "At least you're fine now, baby."

"We still have to get out of here guys! Who knows how many guards are protecting this place!" Yena interrupts your moment together, her eyes scouring the massive mansion your ex-girlfriend owns. She leads the way, running out of the living room first, with Eunbi closely following along. You make haste, grabbing the shirt from the fourth person that barely registers in your head and trail the others in their escape.

The mysterious man grabs his gun on the floor as Hyewon makes to leave. "I was supposed to get the kill, geez."

She blushes and giggles in response to his snarky comment. "Sorry. This means a lot more to me than it does to you."

———

Sakura's mansion wasn't difficult to figure out. Two flights of stairs later, your team manages to exit the front door and into the driveway. Surprisingly, there was no surveillance. No patrolling guards, no hounds, nothing. Four colorful vehicles just so happen to be parked nearby.

"Someone's got an affinity for Mercedes," Eunbi says as four pairs of widened eyes ogle at her little car collection. "Which one do you guys want to take?"

"Normally I'd say all of them, but how about this one?," you say, pointing to a black sedan—the only one with four-doors—the S 65 AMG. The mysterious person tosses the keys at you, which you fail to catch as it ends up on the gravel.

"You shouldn't drive. You're not in good shape and we have to hurry." Yena states the obvious, which you nod in agreement with. You pick up the keys then pass them to Hyewon. She then hands it over to Eunbi, who happily accepts it. Upon receiving them she quickly unlocks the doors and steps inside the driver's seat. Your eyes focus on the mysterious person, who's dashed off into the nearby forest. Before you can get an idea of who he is, a loud engine rev calls your attention.