Vol seven. (Collide)

Part of you wishes you never left home

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Part of you wishes you never left home. Too many conflicts of interest. The weather appears to agree with you as well. When you left town for the city again, the sunshine quickly turned into cloudy uncertainty. Not a drop of dew fell, but the lurking feeling of downpour represented your inner anxiousness. It wasn't apparent that you felt conflicted, putting on an act to keep Hyewon's concern at bay. Not that you needed it—she appears to have her own interests rather than worry about you—but it's that sneaky craftiness about her that dragged you into her world in the first place.

For the most part, she seemed neutral about your time off. No questions about people, places, or any personal info. Only the typical 'How was your time there' and 'Hope you had a fine rest.' This is fine. She didn't ask about the 76 missed calls either. Even better. You prepared an excuse for that, but there was no mention of it. What a relief, at least for now. Brushing off your meeting with Yena should be the least of your worries.

What happens at home stays at home.

Hyewon takes you by the hand as you both enter the amusement park. For once she does not dress up as provocatively as she normally does, opting to go for a cutesy look instead. As you pass through the gate and get your arm stamped, something appears scary about the man punching your ticket. He stares at you with an intimidating glare, like you're a wanted criminal. You try to flash an awkward, cartoonish smile to ease the tension, and he goes through the motions before you're whisked away for some bonding with your girlfriend. As you turn back to her, he pulls out a receiver from his pocket, but you mostly ignore that strange incident and focus on what you're doing there in the first place.

"Hey! What's going on, love?" she asks you innocently.

That man continues to bother your thoughts, but to keep the illusion, you play it off lightly. "Nothing. The guy at the entrance looked at me funny, that's all."

She cups your cheek which blushes red. "Don't worry about that, let's go have some fun together!"

Simple words of reassurance are all that you need. With her comforting touch, you put that thought in the back of your head and follow her through your first ride.

Roller coasters were never your favorite attraction. But you power through your dislike of them for Hyewon's happiness. It's a nice change of pace compared to your other dates. She looks wholesome, endearing, and lovely while you wait in the queue. A subtle clicking noise catches your attention. Turns out she has her phone in hand, taking a quick snap of your idle expression. She turns the screen facing you. You somehow shifted to an adorable face without your knowing.

"So adorable," she says while closing the camera app. "I bet you really missed me while you're on vacation, right?"

"Sure I did." You weren't sure if those were the right words to say. Regardless, she takes it to heart and holds your hand again. Maybe she'll finally settle for once when it's all said and done.