"Say it to me when I see you again."

You were genuinely pouting in the backseat of the car next to Bucky. Steve was driving and Sam was next to him riding shotgun.

"So where are we going?" You finally broke the silence.
"Wakanda."
"Evaluate?" You rose your eyebrows.
Steve sighed "After what happened between me and Tony, not all of us left as enemies."
"Can you just speak properly? What is Wakanda? Who's there?"
"T'challa. Also known as Black Panther."
"And how did you two meet?"

"It's a very long story." Sam said.
"Does he like cats?"
Sam turned to Steve "I would've had an answer if someone didn't rudely interrupt me at that time."
"Sam."
"Wha-Man shows up dressed up like a cat and you don't wanna know more? Like what was the inspiration?"
Bucky chuckled next to you. "Well you dress up like a bird."
"Hey!" Sam turned around.
Bucky shrugged with a grin.

You buried your face in Bucky's shoulder hiding your snicker. Sam turned away with a pleased smile on his face. He saw how calm you were now compared to before. You were no longer worried that Bucky was going to be leaving. And it was entirely true. Of course a couple depressing and ice-cream-eating nights were ahead, but it wasn't anything that you couldn't handle.

Look at Steve, he waited ages. With ice and without. He still loved her when he met her, you knew that. Everyone did.
Bucky rested his cheek on your head laughing with you. Steve glanced at the two of you through the mirror, a small smile escaping his lips.
"Nice one." You whispered in Bucky's ear and sat back. He gave you an "I know" look and looked back at the road ahead.

"We're here." The sound of Sam's voice woke you up, followed by the sound of the door slamming shut. You sat up and rubbed your face.
"We're here doll." He rubbed your thigh.
You looked out the window confused.
"Is Wakanda in a forest?"
"Not exactly." He opened the car door.
"Let's go." He took your hand and pulled you after him. You let out a sleepy groan and stumbled out after him.

The sun blinded you. Literally.
"Where are we?" You looked around shading your eyes from the rays of painfully bright light. "Why is everything so empty." You stared at a field in front of you.
"Oh that's not just a field." Sam said.
Suddenly a very big chunk of the sky began glistening. Out of nothing a big space ship looking thing appeared. Your mouth dropped open. You felt Bucky squeeze your hand.
"That. Is. Awesome."

As much as you wanted to get onto it, Steve was against that. And so was Sam.
"What? No." You whined, still holding onto Bucky's hand.
"Y/N it's for the best." Sam said. "I have to get you out of here." Sam pointed to the car with his thumb.
"She can come if she wants too." A woman said. She had a spear in her hand and she was bald. You didn't know what amazed you more, the spaceship or the fierce warrior woman who was standing next to Steve.
You had just noticed her, you were busy with the spaceship earlier.

She was wearing clothes mostly made of red fabric, decorated with a flat necklace made of gold that glistened magically in the sunlight. The patterns on her clothes were fabulous, so modern yet so antiquated and cultural. She had an unusual tattoo on her head that made her look even more badass.
"See? Even the super cool lady said I can go." You turned to Sam.
"Y/N." Bucky whispered.
The super cool lady let out a laugh "My name is Okoye." She had a thick accent.

"Y/N, you should say goodbye." Sam sounded like he was apologizing. You swallowed hearing his words. Yeah everyone clearly chose to ignore what the super cool lady said.
"He's right Y/N, we'll give you a moment."
The three of them walked towards the space ship thing, leaving you and Bucky alone.

You turned to him with a sigh. "Goodbye is it?" You looked up at him. He shook his head. "Just a see you later."
His warm smile comforted you. He carefully took your other hand with his metal one.
"Thank you." He whispered, leaning slightly forward and pressing his forehead against yours. "Thank you for everything."