"Your eyes are fascinating." (w 18+)

{Bored- Billie Eilish}

w: 18+ scene ahead (I'll add another warning)

You made it to Riley. Sam stopped looking down. You walked up next to him and what you saw next made your jaw drop.

Next to Riley's tombstone we're two new ones. Maria and Jonathan. His parents.
"Sam I'm so sorry." You whispered taking his hand. He blinked letting a tear roll down his face. The stream sparkled in the sunlight before he wiped it off with the back of his hand.
You stroked his back, you felt so sorry for him.

Suddenly everything just clicked. This was the reason he was feeling so down. Right? This was definitely part of it anyway. You heard him sniffle.
"Oh Sam." You hugged him. He wrapped his hands around you and hid his face in the crook of your neck. He sobbed softly in your arms.

You couldn't believe it. Both of Riley's parents, you couldn't imagine how Sam felt. You remembered Sam telling you that Maria and Jonathan were like family to him.

"It's alright Sam." You put your hand on the back of his head. You felt like crying yourself. All of this was just so sad. You felt terrible. You were glad that you decided to go with Sam. Some people like to be left alone when they're crying or upset, but not Sam. You always felt like he needs someone around.

He's actually a very fragile character, no matter the thick layer of sarcasm and happiness disguising him.

You left Riley and his parents some flowers. You and Sam were sitting under a tree, quietly enjoying the sun when suddenly your phone rang. You picked it up.
"Hello?" You said.
"Hey Y/N, it's Steve."
"Oh hi, what's up? Is everything okay?"
"Yeah everything's fine, could you please pass the phone over to Sam, he hasn't been returning my calls and this is very important."
"Trust me this isn't a good time."
"No Y/N this is very important-"
"Bye." You hung up the phone.

You heard Sam let out a sigh next to you.
"Was that Steve?"
You nodded humming in response.
"Did he ask about the accords?"
"The what?"
"The-Oh." He quickly stopped.
"Sam what accords?"
"Never mind." He shook his head "I got mixed up with something else."
You furrowed your eyebrows. What accords? What was going on now?

-
{Sweater Weather- The Neighborhood }

You made it back to your hotel room and while you took a bath Sam took a nap. You scrolled through your phone when suddenly it rang. It almost slipped out of your hands but luckily you caught it. "Hello." You said, without checking who was calling you.
"Hey it's me." You heard Bucky's voice. You smiled "Hi, are you alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine what about you and Sam? Steve's calling him right now and he seems kinda upset."
"Sam or Steve?"
"Both actually."
"Sam is sleeping he can't be-"
You sat up furrowing your eyebrows and turned off the tap.

"What?"
"Ssshhh hold on." You put your phone away from your ear. You could hear Sam's muffled voice.
You brought your phone back up to your ear "Yeah I can hear him. He doesn't sound upset though."
"Steve was pretty wound up."
"Sam was so sad the whole day. His best friends parents also passed away, and he didn't tell me."
"What? Oh god he must feel terrible." Bucky said genuinely sounding sorry.
"Yeah I know, he even cried. Poor guy's so tired."
"Must be tiring to pretend to be the happiest one of all of us all the time." Bucky said.

"Yeah," you breathed. "I'm gonna go now. I'll text you later. I doubt you'll be sleeping."
"Yeah," he chuckled.
"Bye."
"Love you."
You smiled "Love you too." You hung up. You felt small butterflies in your stomach.

After getting out and changing into your pajama pants and Bucky's shirt you wrapped your hair up in a towel and left the bathroom.
"You good?" You walked passed Sam's bed seeing him quietly watching tv.
"Uh yeah."
You rubbed your hair with your towel and brushed it down with your fingers.