"I like it when you kiss me first."

{Devil Town- Cavetown}

"Hey Sam," you said with your phone in between your head and shoulder.
"You guys coming or not?" He said through the phone.
"Here," Bucky said taking the phone and holding it up against your ear from the passenger front seat.
"Thanks," you whispered to him. "Yes, Sam, we're coming. In the car right now."

"I ordered pizza for you guys, and put the board games on the table in the living room."
"Aren't you staying?" You furrowed your eyebrows.
"Uh no. I'm going to head to Steve, he said he needed to talk to someone about something."
"Sam what is it?" You said in a stern voice.
There was a bit of silence before Sam said "Alright I'll tell you, but you didn't hear it from me alright."
"Yeah yeah of course."
"And don't tell Bucky!" He added.
"Okay Sam spit it out."

"Steve said he might have found a way to get rid of Bucky's...Problem. With his mind. He didn't tell me what it is yet but he said that we're leaving for a bit, just a day or two."
Your mouth dropped in disbelief, this was way too suspicious, why was Sam leaving on the same exact day you wanted to invite Bucky over.
"But I thought you were gonna stay. Why do you always have to leave. Especially when you know," you didn't want to say "I invited Bucky" in front of Bucky, but luckily Sam understood what you meant. "It all happened too quickly. Like do you have to go tonight?"

"Well actually no. Steve told me that I could leave in the morning, but I felt like you two would have a much better time without old Sam hanging around third wheeling you guys. Besides you can ask him to stay for a night." You heard the smile in his voice.
"Yeah but Tony wouldn't want that, doesn't he like do tests?"
"Tony's with us Y/N. There won't be any tests tonight, or tomorrow." Sam said.

"Oh. Well I'll ask, but it's his choice."
Sam laughed "Like he'd say no."
You rolled your eyes. "You leave yet?"
"Nope. Waiting for taxi, but I'll probably be gone when you guys arrive." He said.
"Alright then Sam. I hope you guys figure it out."
"I hope so too, for his and your sake. Bye Y/N."
"Bye Sam." He hung up the phone.

Bucky put the phone down shaking his hand.
"Sorry that took so long, thanks for holding the phone though." You said.
"Yeah no problem. What happened?" He asked.
"Uh Sam's leaving. He won't be there with us."
You glanced at Bucky who was biting his lip.
"Are you trying not to smile right now?!"
"Uh no, no why would I."
You shook your head chuckling.
"Sorry I just, I don't know. Awkward." He mumbled.

-
When you made it back, Sam had already left. Part of you hoped he'd still be there but part of you knew he wouldn't.
"Alright," you stopped at the front door "Are you ready?"
"It already looks nice from the outside." He said looking around. He saw a bench on the front porch and laughed "I'll bet you my life Steve had put that there."
"How did you know?" You said surprised by his true statement. Steve did indeed buy that bench, he liked to sit on it every morning and sometimes watch the sunrise.

"Steve's mom had one on their front porch. We'd always sit there together and tell each other made up stories." He was lost in his memories, which was a good thing really, considering he had some issues with that at the moment.
"That's adorable." You grinned, snapping Bucky back to attention.
"Sorry you were saying?"
"Are you ready to see the house?"
He nodded, and you opened the door.

"Wow. It's so big." He stepped in after you and you closed the door behind him.
"There's so much space and so much, lightbulbs?" He looked at the ceiling confused.
"Yeah, Sam's work. Not a clue why we couldn't just have a pretty chandelier." You shrugged.
"That's a pretty cool window." He said looking over at the living room. It was a big window that had view on your small little garden.

"I remember how much you love windows."  You smiled. He looked around impressed "It's very cozy, and I like the design."
"Sam insisted on choosing a color pallet and having everything only in those colors. If you look at my room the colors are all over the place." You also looked around.
"Can I?" He said.
"What?"
"Look at your room."
"Yeah of course, follow me." You walked to your room.

"This is Sam's room and this is Steve's, and here is mine." You stopped at a door. You opened it switching on the lights. He leaned on the door frame grinning.
"What?" You said.
"It is definitely all over the place," he laughed. You gave him a playful push and walked inside hopping onto your bed. "You can come in."

He hesitantly stepped inside, but quickly relaxed when something caught his eye.
You followed his gaze and noticed him looking at your desk. He slowly walked up to it.
"Who's this?" He said in a sweet voice. He picked up a stuffed bear, his face glowing.
"That was Sam's gift to me, when um you know you 'died'" you said. The bear was wearing a black sweater, but the left sleeve was grey and had a small red star on it, he was pretty cute.

"Is it me?" He looked at you with a child like expression. You smiled and nodded.
"He's adorable." Bucky cooed.
"Yeah you are," you laughed. He put the bear down and sat down next to you.
"I like your room. It's cool." He looked around one last time.
"I thought you said it's all over the place."
"I mean it is, but it's still cool."

You leaned on his shoulder, closing your eyes.
He rested his head on top of yours "You ok doll?"
"Never better." You answered. You reached for his hand, not opening your eyes, that was on his lap, but you felt something cold underneath your finger tips and instinctively took your hand off.
"Oh sorry," he took his hand off his lap apologizing.
"No it's alright," you said pulling his metal hand back and holding it, but he didn't hold yours.

"Y/N,"he said quietly.
"Yeah?"
"Just, hold my other hand. Please?" He looked down at you. You looked into his eyes "Why?"
"What do you mean why? It's metal."
You rolled your eyes, "But it's your hand."
"I can't hold yours, I don't wanna hurt you. You know I can't feel anything with it."
"Well then you should probably start practicing." You grinned. "Cmon, I'll tell you if it hurts. I promise."

"Y/N-"
"Just try, Bucky." You were actually curious if he would or not.
He sighed in defeat. You felt his fingers slowly curl around your hand.
"See? I'm fine, it's fine." It was fine, it was just a bit cold. "I like your metal arm, it's so cool."
"I'm glad someone likes it, cause I sure don't."
You didn't need to ask why this time.
"I know you don't, but it doesn't matter you'll like it some day, after all it is part of you."
He smiled at you. You smiled in response.
He then leaned in and kissed you. Butterflies appeared in your stomach, you always got so excited inside when he kissed you first.

He broke the kiss, his eyes fluttering open.
His eyes then widened "Oh I-I'm sorry I just-"
"Why are you sorry," you chuckled. "You don't have to ask Bucky. Besides," you said "I like it when you kiss me first."