"Sur-prise?"

After driving for 4 hours and making two gas stops you were almost at New York.
"How much more?" You lifted your seat back up.
"About 40 minutes left, we're almost there." Sam answered. You rubbed your face.
"You've been sleeping for the past couple of hours, I think you can wait a little." Sam laughed.
"You were the one who decided it was a good idea to go at 6am! After literally saying you needed the sleep." You complained.

He shook his head "I went to bed early, not late like you. I wasn't the one hanging out with the machine."
"He is not a machine." You defended him. "He's half machine." You smiled. Sam chuckled.
"Nice to know you kept the humor after spending so much time with someone who's got none."
"Oh yeah. Totally," you nodded.

"I still can't believe it!" Sam said in a lightened up tone "Or actually I can, but still. You two," he turned to you with his mouth open "What a killer pair! Literally a killer pair."
"I can't tell if you're actually serious or not." You lifted your eyebrows.
"I can't tell if you're serious Y/N. Not dating anyone in like a good three years and suddenly an assassin shows up and he's totally your type! It's honestly crazy." He said with an amused smile on his face.

"Well I agree it's a bit," you paused "Unusual."
"It's fucking crazy."
"Wow Sam, thanks." You said sarcastically.
"No but seriously. Steve will eat you. Probably."
"Yes I know Sam. He's not gonna like it, that's why I am not telling him." You said annoyed.
"I-I'm just saying," he said defensively.
"Yeah but sometimes it's better to not say anything Sam." You sighed turning towards the window.

"You know for someone who's supposed to be good with psychology you are totally rubbish with feelings. Not only others but yours too!" Sam said.
"Oh thanks Sam, there's been so much emotional shit that I had to go through that I'm pretty sure I forgot how to be a psychologist, I'm pretty sure I need one." You said.

-

"We are here." Sam said, sounding not so happy.
He parked the car outside the tower getting out.
You opened the door looking up at the tower, wind blowing through your hair. "This better work." You whispered to yourself as reassurance.

"Hi, yes I'm here to see Tony Stark." You said to the lady at the front desk.
"Stark is only seeing friends and family at the moment." The woman said.
"Stark doesn't have family." Sam pipped in.
"Yes. He. Does." You turned to him. "I am his sister."
"Mr.Stark doesn't have a sister."
"Soon to be sister in law." You added.

She sighed "Alright let me just warn him."
You let out a breath of relief.

You made your way up onto one of the very top floors, as instructed, but you knew exactly where you were and where you were going.
You made it to Tony's 'mini lab' as he called it, knocking on the glass door before opening it.
You stepped in looking around. Tony walked out from behind a corner looking down at a hologram coming out of a little bracelet around his wrist.
"I don't know who you are but Pepper does not," he paused looking up "Have a sister."

There was a bit of awkward silence.
"Now this is awkward," Sam said.
"Sur-prise?" You said smiling.
"Y/N," Tony said quietly making his way over to you.
"I know there's a lot of explai-" You were interrupted by Tony embracing you into a tight hug. "Oh I am gonna kill that son of a bitch Rogers." He whispered holding you tighter.
Sam stood there looking around the lab swaying from side to side. "You guys just keep going. Imma be right here." He nodded.