"And I think I've got some catching up to do."

You were taking a nap on the couch while Bucky read a book next to you. Steve already returned  from his walk and Sam was going to be back from his sisters place in about an hour.

"Hey," Bucky said quietly giving you a light push. You opened your eyes sitting up. "Huh?"
He moved a strand of hair out of your face.
"Do you want to go out for a stroll?"
"I was just sleeping, Bucky." You rubbed your eyes.
"Yeah uh sorry I just didn't know how long you were going to be asleep for." He said.
"Yeah, yeah okay. Just give me like ten minutes to get ready."
"Oh cmon it's just for a couple of minutes you look great." He said.
"Just ten minutes."
"Y/N, your ten minutes is twenty."

"Let me at least brush my hair!"
"Here," he pulled a hair band off his wrist and gave it to you. You rolled your eyes taking the hair band and tying a pony tail.
"I look like an egg."
"A beautiful egg."
You gave him a playful push "Alright let's go."

It was about 6 in the evening and it was getting dark.
"Should've brought my coat, or hoodie at least." You said.
"Well it's not so bad," Bucky said.
"Yeah," you nodded "When you're in a sweater."
"I would like give it to you put I'd be shirtless."
"Oh yeah pffffttt we don't wanna see that, no no." You said sarcastically. He shrugged.

"We could just go back inside?" You suggested.
"Alright," he said.
"Why did we go out anyways?" You both began walking back.
"I kinda thought it would be romantic, but turned out to be too cold for that." He rubbed that back of his head.
"What made you think a night walk would be romantic. Well no it is, but it would've been more romantic in like autumn, you know with all the leaves and stuff. Like in the book."
"Yeah like in the books," he repeated in thought.

"Oh." You said. "Oh wait you read it in your book?"
"Um maybe."
"You know books are like overly descriptive? Like in terms of the romance stuff. It just turns out to be awkward most of the time." You said.
"Well at least you're honest," he sighed shrugging.
"Yeah like what happened this noon when-"
"YES! Yes ok don't need to remind me," he quickly interrupted you.
"Mhm, I doubt that would happen in books."
You looked at him, he had a funny expression on his face and knitted eyebrows.

"Ok, ok I'm sorry let's pretend that never happened. I promise I'll shut up about it."
"It's ok, it was weird." He said.
"Yeah ok ok good." You took his hand into yours but quickly realized it was his metal hand.
"Oh sorry," he said pulling it away getting a small jump scare.
You looked at him confused. "Al-right?"
"Yeah um." He didn't know what to say.
"Yeah ok let's just walk home." You whispered with a straight face.

Back at your house you were helping Sam make baked fish.
"This is so weird," you read the recipe card. Sam had a small box full of them.
"The steps are easier than ever." Sam said.
"Easy!?" You exclaimed. "My brain broke down while reading that."
He laughed. "Alright you can make the fried rice." He threw another card at you.
You caught it, proud of yourself.
You scanned the card "Yeah I'll do this."

"You guys want any help?" Steve came into the kitchen.
"Uh I think we're good." Sam looked over at you. You gave him a nod going back to reading the ingredients.
"Alright then, if you need me I'll be in my room," he spun around and left.

"Why'd you say no?" You said after Steve left. "You definitely need help with that."
"Because it's cooking with Sam and Y/N. We haven't done anything together in ages!" He began pealing the fish and you began frying the eggs.
"But all we do is watch movies together."
"Yeah but that doesn't count. We just sit in silence."
"Sometimes I like your presence, even if I'm not talking to you Sam." You said.
"I mean yeah I like yours too obviously, but isn't it more fun doing something together?" He said.

"Of course, I just suck at cooking," you laughed.
"Nah you're getting better."
You looked at your card. "What the hell is pork tend-tender louin-loin?"
"Pork tenderloin. It's in the freezer, you're gonna have to microwave it first. It's already cut up."
"Thanks Sam," you bent down to the freezer looking for something that looked like a pork tenderloin.