"Son of a bitch."

You drove to Paul's friends house where the party was being hosted. You were a few minutes late and Paul had already called you 6 times. You didn't reply, just drove as fast as the speed limit would let you. You made it to the house and saw the windows flickering, oh you'd so rather be at Tony's party. You sighed walking up to the door and slowly opened it.

You scanned the busy, loud living room looking for your boyfriend.
"Y/N!" Someone crashed into you from the side.
"Hey Paul," you laughed hugging him. He kissed you, smiling against your lips.
"Are you drunk?" You laughed after he broke the kiss.
"What? Me? No! Don't be silly!" He laughed barely standing still. You shook your head.
"Cmon," he pulled you into the crowd.

"Paul I-"
You were interrupted by a rough kiss. You furrowed your eyebrows but just went along with it. His hands roamed the back of your head and neck, 'oh he was so gonna regret that tomorrow in the morning' you thought to yourself. When Paul was drunk he was like a completely different person. Obviously everyone is, but he seemed so much more confident and he'd get so rough.

You didn't really care, it was funny how the next day he'd apologize a bunch and promise it would never happen again, but really, it always happened again and again.

He spun you round, dipped you, kissed you and all of it so quickly.
"Whew," he breathed "I'm thirsty I'm gonna go get a drink." He left you suddenly.
"I should probably stop him," you told yourself. "Eh doesn't matter." You shrugged following him also grabbing a drink.

He drank his bottle of beer really quickly, gulped it down like it was nothing and then he proceeded to ask for another one.
"Wow wow wow," you said. "You're driving." You snatched the bottle out of his hands.
"Hey!" He yelled. "I'm not driving I'm here with Jake." Jake was his friend from the hospital, his number one nurse and best friend.
"Still this is way too much, you're a doctor Paul!"
"Adoctorcandrink," he swallowed his words.

You groaned siding the bottle away from him. You looked at your watch. 11:56pm.
You looked at Paul who was clearly drunk.
You had to leave to Tony's party but you couldn't just leave him like this.
"Wait here alright?" You said to Paul hopping of the chair. You swam through the people trying to find Jack.

And finally you did.
"Jack," you managed to grab his shirt.
"Oh hello Y/N!" He smiled giving you a quick hug. Jake was super friendly and he always told you how much Paul would talk about you during work, which you found really heart warming.
"Hey I'm not feeling well and I'm gonna head home but could you just take care of Paul? He's really drunk and I don't want him to hurt himself or anything." You said.
Jake nodded "Of course, where is he?"

You lead Jack to the bar table that you were sitting at earlier with Paul but he wasn't there. You looked around the room.
"He was just here," you said turning your head from left to right.
"Uh Y/N?" Jake said in a stern voice.
"Yeah?" You turned to him.
You saw him pointing to a wall. Against that wall was Paul. And against him was a woman you have never seen before making out with him.

"I-I'm sorry Y/N he's just drunk that's not- he wou-" Jake began defending his best friend.
You scoffed. You turned around smiling in disbelief. "Son of a bitch." You whispered heading to the exit.
"Wait Y/N!" Jake yelled. "Shit." He didn't know where to go.

You stormed off into your car slamming the door.
You began hyperventilating, you gripped the steering wheel trying to calm down.
Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, you kept repeating to yourself.

He pulled you towards him having his hand around your shoulder. You laid you head on his chest and sighed. He was so comfortable.
"You warm now?" He twinkled.
"Yes," you said leering. "Very warm."

THATS NOT POSITIVE!
"He's dead!" You yelled hitting the steering wheel. "He's dead," you repeated quieter.
You took a deep breathe in and drove off back home, as fast as possible destroying the gas pedal.
You parked your car outside your house and ran inside. You wiped a tear that managed to escape, you weren't sad you were mad. Furious.

You swung the door open and slammed it shut.
"JESUS!" Sam yelled from the couch. "Y/N why aren't you going to Star-" He saw a glimpse of your facial expression. "Are you ok?" He got up following you. You ignored him rushing to your room closing the door. You took of your heals and collapsed onto your bed. Straight after you heard Sam knock on the door.
"Everything ok?" He opened it slowly.

You didn't reply. Your head was buried in your pillow. Sam sat down next to you.
"Nice costume by the way." He said, putting his hand on your back. "What happened?" He stroked your back. You sniffed turning your head to the side for air. "Paul." You said.
"Paul what? Cheated?"
You nodded "He made out with some random chick while he was drunk and-" Your voice went shaky and you put your face back in the pillows.

You didn't see, but Sam's eyes widened and his facial expression went from sorry to shocked and surprised. "Jesus," he whispered to himself.
He snapped back to reality "Uh Y/N? Do you believe in destiny?"
You lifted your head up. "What?" You said, mascara running and lipstick smudged.
"No Sam, I don't. I thought I finally found someone, I thought I finally loved someone again."

"You did." Sam said in deep thought. "Just not Paul."
"W-What? You're making zero sense right now Wilson," you wiped your eyes. "Maybe you should just leave me alone for now."
"Y/N I have to tell you-"
"Sam." Steve's stern voice interrupted him.
You sat up breathing heavily. "T-tell me what?"
Steve gave Sam a stare. Sam looked down.
"I have to tell you that Paul sucks. He's the worst boyfriend." Sam said changing his tone.

After Steve left you looked at Sam.
"Sam," you whispered "What are you not telling me?" You wiped your wet cheeks.
"I-I," he glanced to the door. "I can't tell you." He sighed. "I promised."
You furrowed your eyebrows tilting your head to the side. You sniffed getting your hair out of your face.
"Sam tell me," you whispered. He shook his head sadly.

"Oh for gods sake," you walked out of your room.
"Y/N no!" Sam followed.
"Rogers!" You yelled walking over to Steve.
He turned around.
"I know you've been keeping something from me for the past week. What is it?"
"I don't know what you're talking about." He acted confused.

"I thought we were way passed this. The not telling secrets thing."
He sighed giving up the act. "Y/N I can't tell you."
"Why not!" You shouted.
"It's for your own good. It's better if you don't know." He said.
"W-what is it about? Is it something about Bucky?" You asked.
"No." Steve sighed. Your eyebrows knitted.
"Why can't I know?"
"Y/N please," Sam said softly from behind you...