Chapter 23 pt 1

On any normal given day, Fyodor would have steered clear of this place, not only because of the children that served as a cover for whatever activities took place on its premises, but also because of the lady whom he was an unfortunate acquaintance of. However, since he was roped into the situation because of her, it would not be like him to not confront her as to why she just had to send a letter to both the mafia and the agency with the logo of the rats of the house of the dead, thus giving him unnecessary trouble. Not to mention, the words inside would probably provoke a considerable percentage of the agency and the mafia, in the worst case scenario all of them, therefore, as an unfortunate victim, he was obliged to inquire the motives of this creature.
Not that he was alone, Nono he had more than enough brain cells to tell himself that going alone would be one of the worst decisions he had ever made, but given his minuscule social circle, and who would gladly accompany him, and who he wouldn't mind accompany him too much, he was now stuck with a clown, who appeared to be of the same maturity as the children that were now clinging to his cloak.
"Dos kun, look! They're so cute!"
Fyodor sighed, tossing another child off with a swish of his cloak, although that only got the attention of another 2 more, who immediately attached themselves to him. Now he knew why she would choose to use children as a cover for unorthodox activities, firstly few would suspect a day care Center to be the place where a mass murderer and scientist resides, and secondly, these children served as an effective deterrent, with how astoundingly annoying they were. Shrill deafening shrieks and screams were all one could hear, accompanied with loud laughter and the occasional word thrown in.
"At least you're enjoying yourself, Nikolai."
"How could I not? Look at them and their puffy cheeks!"
Giggling followed Nikolai's cooing as he all but threw himself into the crowd of kids who were entertained by the sight of a man clad in a costume reminiscent of a clown fawning over them and their 'hamster cheeks'.
"Dostoevsky san? Gogol san?"
"Phantasm."
Even if Fyodor couldn't tolerate the other one, whom this person was dating, what she saw in her forever a mystery, he had an image to live up to, thus he retained his manners and bowed. Which she returned and then gestured for them to enter the building.
Somehow, Fyodor found himself the only one stepping inside, for he had been abandoned for a few children that refused to let the clown leave. Fyodor sighed, next time, he would bring sigma along, maybe he would have more luck with the 3 year old with the mind of an adult than this 20+ year old with the mind of a child.
Oh wait, he was going to meet another 20+ year old with the mind of a child, not to mention this one was equally psychotic, if not slightly more.
Fyodor sighed yet again, maybe he should have just stayed in the headquarters and not cared about being dragged into whatever thing they were doing. He wanted the book, not whatever shit was happening in yokohama that will not benefit him at all.
Oh curse Akui and her stupid idea to use the rats logo to send a stupid letter that will provoke everyone, maybe he should curse his past self too for letting her see what their logo looked like.
No wait it was totally her fault, just because she knew what it was didn't mean she had to use it, yes yes it was totally her fault, his past self was not to blame.
——————————————————
I HATE CHINESE I DUN WANT TO STUDY IN THE HOLIDAYS BUT I HAVE STUPID ORAL DAMNIT