Chapter 21

If dazai was told he would be fighting together with chuuya again so soon, he would probably laugh it off and definitely not believe it because well the slug was unlikely to get himself into such a situation where he'll be needed but he would probably be extremely happy at the prospect of it indeed happening. If Chuuya was told he'll be working together with dazai so soon, he would go on a drunken tirade of a true tsundere all the while screeching in happiness internally, even though he probably won't believe it because the mackerel was so lazy he won't even get up.
Yet here they were, standing back to back like nothing had ever changed, like they were back in the past, young silly 18 years old and partners again, but it was only an illusion, quite a bit has changed, but their trust remained unwavering.
Including the fact that they were sort of dating and not in denial like in the past, they weren't official though, it'll take the falling of the sky and the breaking of the land before any thought of going out as an actual couple would be considered. 
Dazai didn't mention the stab wound that was slowly but surely affecting Chuuya, and the poison that was slowly accumulating in the other's body, the heavy breathing already a sign that they needed to finish this as fast as possible.
"Neh Chuuya, did you get my flowers?"
"Huh?"
"I sent a bouquet to you!"
Dazai's knowing smile said all that needed to be said, akira gagged at the lovebirds in front of him, his revenge can't even be taken properly with these two flirting with each other, how sickening, Kenji still being as still as a statue.
Chuuya's exasperated expression was his answer that he had indeed gotten the hint.
"That's a lie isn't it?"
"Yes, the flowers are fake."
"Seriously?"
"Trust me."
Chuuya clicked his tongue, of course things would always turn out like this. Not that the act was going to be particularly hard, he was indeed struggling after all, he really hated poison, guns and knives were fine, poison was not.
"Are you guys done yet? Can I kill you guys now?"
"Aw, akira kun is so polite!"
"I'll fucking stab you, you damn bandaged mummy, send you back to your sarcophagus. Now that I think about it, it was you who put poison at our door right?"
"Oh! Chibikko kun you should be more like akira kun, grow some brain cells inside your pure muscle brain!"
"Huh?!"
Never mind, they weren't dating anymore, Chuuya is going to break up with this aggravating mummy the minute they get out.
"I'll send you on a one way trip to hell."
"Wah! How scary!"
Dazai's aura changed immediately, a cold heavy and threatening atmosphere settling over them that Chuuya totally didn't find hot.(admit it Chuuya you're down bad)
"I dare you to try."
Chuuya tried valiantly to ignore the excitable shivers that ran down his spine, and dazai, being the all knowing and irritating mackerel he was, decided to push Chuuya a bit further by spinning around and slumping over Chuuya, subtly running his fingers up chuuya's spine before swinging his arms over his shoulders.
"But if you do send me to hell, send chibi with me!"
"Absolutely not, I will suffer in heaven far away from you."
"I'm sending both of you to hell anyway."
Really, he was too fast, in the blink of an eye, Chuuya lost sight of the young boy, and if it weren't for the wind movement, Dazai's head would be rolling across the floor. However, Chuuya still managed to drop to the floor, barely preventing razor sharp wings from cleaving through dazai's neck. Dazai knew that he would be the easier target and thus akira would go for him first, but made no move to evade, leaving his life for chuuya to save, which his brilliant partner did obviously.
"Get off, you're heavy."
"Eh, but you said don't fall behind! How can I fall behind if you're carrying me?"
Chuuya's response was simply to push the heavy weight off him, ignoring the whining in favour of blocking a blow from Kenji, who had jumped on him with the table leg.
"I'll deal with Kenji, you get the other one."
"Eh~"
Dazai understood the reasoning why he got the considerably more difficult one but that didn't mean he had to like it. Still, since it was a request from his darling, he'll follow through with it, even if he really didn't like it, especially when he was immediately sent flying into a door since he was too busy staring at chuuya's exemplary figure( his A+ ass) to bother dodging the hit.
Pain rocketed through his body as he choked, coughing as he had merely a second of rest before he was kicked in the stomach and thrown into yet another wall. How there were so many walls for dazai to be thrown against was interesting considering the place was blown apart by a bomb less than ten minutes ago. The wall, unable to take another hit and dazai's body was the last nail in its coffin, crumbled and broke before collapsing on dazai.
"Dazai!"
Ah, the price of distraction, chuuya's momentary lapse provided the perfect opportunity for him to be caught in a pincer attack by kenji and akira.
Chuuya could have blocked the attacks on both sides despite the stinging pain still emanating from his side and the poison in his veins, maybe even counterattacked on akira, but he knew that he couldn't do that and be able to carry out their operation at the same time.
"Trust me."
"Obviously I do, idiot."
Chuuya coughed out blood as he still gave the minuscule effort of dampening the blow, not that it was much use, since flaring pain still accompanied a terrifying crack, Chuuya made a mental note to praise kenji on being strong enough to break his arm even when he was using for the tainted sorrow, even though the boy would probably be horrified about it.
It was considerably agonising, but not something chuuya would normally pass out from, yet he held back the urge to stop his fall, glancing over at the pile of rubble that dazai was supposedly under before closing his eyes.
Akira was rightfully suspicious about the strangely easy victory he secured, however, he attached this victory to the help of his friend and he stared at the body of Nakahara Chuuya. He wasn't dead yet, but the poison would do the job eventually. The same couldn't be said for dazai osamu, despite his intelligence, the man had a weak body and having a heavy wall collapse on someone would definitely kill a person so the man should be dead, or at least dying.
Nevertheless, his revenge was taken, but no happiness or euphoria filled his heart, only a devastating emptiness that threatened to swallow him up. He killed, well they're not dead yet but still, the two people he hated most, the ones that took away his friend and had the audacity to have that expression that made him feel conflicted about his anger, and yet still be so happy and joyful while he wallowed in sadness and hatred. If it weren't for them, wouldn't ryuu still be here, by his side hopefully, and he could still hear his laughter and see his smile and just be with him and yet, he didn't even hear his last words from him personally, heard it from the man that's killed him.
Revenge was everything to him, they were responsible, the voice in his head called for blood, but he felt nothing staring at Chuuya. Where was the happiness and the feeling of freedom that came with revenge, the elation, the exhilaration promised to him?
In the end, there was nothing to be had on the path of revenge, no reward for the hardships and no compensation to be had for all pain suffered. He searched for the laboratory connected to the fallen angel, heeded the demon's advice, suffered through the trails and tribulations, received the ability of the tiger beetle all to defeat Chuuya, but where was his guerdon, his solatium?
He sighed before turning around, prepared to set the blond boy free of the mind control before dropping the boy elsewhere, looking up to see bright gold eyes, his eyes widening as he stifled a gasp at the fist about to hit him in the face. On instinct he jumped away, the ability carrying him a bit further than expected, scratch that very much further, and sent him nearly sailing out the building since the wall was in pieces.
"So it was like this!"
His eyes widened even more at the sight of the bandaged mummy, standing unscathed with the pin in his hands.
"A mind control ability that operates through these pins, I see."
"How-"
"That mutt was finally good for something!"
"Don't call ryuunosuke a mutt, shitty dazai. You're more of a dog than him."
At this point, Akita's eyes were bulging out of his sockets as Chuuya pushed himself up, clearly affected by his injuries but still alive and kicking, literally kicking dazai in the shin for the insult.
"Untrue!"
"Chuuya san, are you ok?"
Kenji exclaimed, diverting Chuuya's attention from dazai, who pouted and sulked at being ignored, whereas Chuuya was dealing with the extremely concerned kenji.
...was this why he didn't feel anything, because they weren't actually dead?
"This pin is interesting though, stick it into someone's head and it mind controls them instantly! Akira kun, care to give us some of these?"
Dazai called out, and chuuya screeched like a banshee, instantly grabbing Kenji and looking for said wound from getting pierced in the head.
"Tiger beetle, retreat now."
The voice that rang clear in his mind dulled the words of the bandaged mummy, and he instinctively grabbed the back of his head.
"But they haven't been defeated, nakahara is injured and I can still-"
"You've already been beaten the minute the demon prodigy came, lie of the fake flowers is especially effective against people like you, if you don't leave now, you'll die before you can get your revenge."
"Neh akira kun~"
"Damn it."
Dazai's smile dropped immediately at the curse, straightening as his hand moved towards his gun that he had kept in his coat.
"Well, I know where you guys are now."
Chuuya stood up as well, pulling Kenji closer to himself while Kenji gently pulled Chuuya to lean on him slightly, easing the pain a little.
"I'll be back and I won't fail next time."
"Wow! Chuuya, that's scary right?"
Chuuya groaned at the obvious taunting dazai was doing, he wasn't even being subtle, then again when was dazai subtle?
Once again, in the split second, akira disappeared into thin air, while Chuuya and dazai bickered and Kenji was now playing the concerned third wheel, although he nearly cried at the sight of the cow painting being perfectly intact and chuuya simply picked it up and gave it to Kenji, saying that they could just take it now that the building had fallen apart and they could just wander off with it. Kenji of course refused but dazai added that he'll pay for it, which of course he wouldn't, but Kenji believed it anyway and happily hugged the painting to his chest.
With Kenji out of commission on the carry Chuuya business, dazai took the opportunity to sweep the screaming redhead up bridal style, said redhead pushing him away the best he could with a broken arm.
Thus, Chuuya and Kenji returned to the agency, dazai tagging along because he was carrying Chuuya and ignoring all the protests from the older man, totally not wanting to state Chuuya as his and scare off potential rivals, yosano was terribly amused, even more so at having Chuuya as her patient, finally. Chuuya all but clung on to dazai as yosano approached them, horrifying grin in place as she dragged Chuuya off to her office, dazai almost followed them to keep his beloved safe, except that he was distracted by Kunikida waking up to the sight of the port mafia boss in the agency and pouncing on the man, in hysterics as he yelled at the man. It took the combined effort of Naomi, Atsushi and the newly healed tanizaki to pull Kunikida off dazai, who made a beeline to yosano's office just in time to catch Chuuya as he ran out of yosano's office, yosano lamenting about the fact that chuuya's injuries were already so severe that she only needed to stab him a few times before she could use her ability. As for the poison, she claimed that it would eventually flow out of his system soon enough, but until then, Chuuya would be feeling like shit.
Dazai whipped out his phone only to see many missed calls from oda and sighed, leaving the agency soon after, but not before sabotaging Chuuya, by kissing him, in front of the entire agency. Oh poor Chuuya, good luck getting out of that one.
————————————————————————
Everyone we must pray for chuuya lettuce pray.
Double normal chapter length for my soukoku, my sanity is gone and none of my homework has been done...allow me to request some prayers from you kind readers too please