Soukoku chapters V

"Oi shitty dazai! What did she do to you?!"
"Are you actually worried for me, chibikko?"
"Just answer the damn question, dumbass!"
"She only took my blood, so don't worry your meagre brain cells away!"
"My brain cells aren't meagre! Besides why the hell would that psycho take your blood?"
"How would I know, chibikko? Now carry your master, doggy, I'm injured!"
"Huh?! I'm not your dog and you're not my master!"
"Yesyes, whatever you say chibi, the truth is the truth, now carry me!"
"Tsk, damn you shitty dazai- DONT GRAB MY ASS YOU FREAK!"
———————————————————————
"Dazai, as your elder, I'm telling you that what you feel is love."
"Why would I love a dog, odasaku? It must be a curse chibi put on me!"
"That curse being love."
"Like the one Ango kun put on you~"
"That is different, dazai. I'm 100% sure that you are in love with nakahara san, after all you also grabbed his butt-"
"I cant be in love with the chibi! And that was just to irritate him!"
A sigh of exasperation that carried the frustration and pure annoyance of many years of dealing with the boy's denial emanated from oda as he downed another glass, the bartender silently refilling it before he asked, oda nodding with gratefulness at his action.
"Dazai, you are most definitely in love-"
"There is no love!"
"...fine, have romantic feelings for nakahara san and please do something about it."
"I don't have feelings for that slug!"
"Right, throbbing in your heart and flushing when nakahara san was locked in the closet with you is definitely something not romantic. Not to mention, you groping him while forcing him to carry you bridal style-"
"Odasaku!"
Dazai whined in a petulant voice, slumping on the table, his cheeks having a light blush from both the thought of the day's earlier happenings and from the amount of alcohol he had consumed in an effort to calm himself down, with it having the opposite effect of course.
That morning, dazai, whom on a whim decided to find Chuuya to disturb him, somehow got transported into a closet right onto the boy he was looking for, and they weren't let out until about an hour and a half later. Dazai's heart was barely able to handle the pressure of being so close to Chuuya, feeling his breath on his skin and dazai's hands were trapped in a very unsavoury position, right on chuuya's thighs and chuuya's hands were trapped around his neck, their proximity was enough for dazai to start hyperventilating and almost pass out. The minute the doors opened and they fell out in a heap, chuuya's attention immediately moved from yelling at him to rushing away to a certain doctor's office to scold her for locking them inside. Whereas dazai only stood there for a long while before immediately running to odasaku.
Contrary to his expectations, oda insisted it was love and now dazai was blushing redder than an apple and in his fluster, uncharacteristically stuttering and choking.
"C...c...chibikko was so warm..."
Thus, oda prepared himself to suffer through at least an hour of dazai denying all feelings yet pining for the redhead and he hoped that ango would come soon, actually wait no he shouldn't because dazai would have an opportunity to lord his crush on ango over him and the bespectacled man would be too oblivious to guess it. He wasn't interested in finding excuses and having to make many explanations today.
At this point in time, oda was practically wishing for something to happen that would finally make dazai confess his feelings, oh what were the chances?
———————————————————————
Chuuya let out an inhumane shriek as he slammed open the door, immediately whipping out his knife and throwing it in her direction, said target simply dodging it while Akutagawa jolted in surprise, looking up to barely evade the blade. Rashoumon shot forward to retrieve the knife that had embedded itself into the wall while Chuuya stomped in, still yelling at Amane while Akutagawa sat beside her, eyes wide with shock and discombobulation.
"Sakiro Lapis Amane! How dare you lock me in that accursed closet of yours with that shitty mackerel?! For an hour and a half no less!"
"Ah the full name again, and by the way it was an hour and 45 minutes."
"That's even worse! Where did that bloody closet come from anyway?!"
"Chuuya you shouldn't shout, it's bad for your blood pressure~"
"YOU!"
"C...Chuuya san!"
Akutagawa's squeak acted as a buffer in their argument, and chuuya instantly calmed down as he looked down to face Akutagawa who was all but cowering in his seat.
"Ryuunosuke what are you doing here?"
"You didn't see him? He was here the whole time."
"I was more focused on ending your miserable life right then and there. Ryuunosuke, what did you do?"
Maybe it wasn't the wisest decision for Akutagawa to draw chuuya's attention to himself, for the hand on his shoulder didn't hide the turbulent fury raging beneath his skin. It was probably unbeknownst to Chuuya himself, but his grip was extremely tight when he was worried and Akutagawa bit his lip to not wince at the pain in his shoulder from being close to crushed.
"He tripped."
"Huh?"
Akutagawa breathed a sigh of relief at the almost unbelievable and nonsensical answer, however, it seemed like Chuuya almost believed it given the fact the pressure lessened significantly, before Amane clarified what she meant.
"While rushing into a gun shower knowing full well his ability was blocked."
Never mind, he's dead now. Akutagawa whimpered softly at the glare Chuuya shot him and his grip increasing in pressure again, this time even more painful than before.
"What do you mean his ability was blocked?"
"Precisely what I meant. Now you're about to break aku chan's shoulder so lighten up a bit."
Akutagawa would have weeped in happiness as Amane leant over to smack chuuya's hand off his shoulder, only that he didn't want to seem like a baby and give her blackmail but he still thanked her profusely in his mind.
"Blocked by what?"
Chuuya hadn't an idea why he was asking again considering the minuscule chance he would get an actual answer, however, it seems like the gods were being generous today, for he received a knowing smile and a gentle tap on the wrist.
"Blood. A word of advice chuuya, after it starts collapsing, wait for one minute, then trust dazai chan."
"Huh?"
Akutagawa and chuuya exchanged bewildered expressions while Amane only smiled as she tapped the table innocently and repetitively, with little spaces between where she tapped.
"You'll understand what I mean soon enough."
Chuuya looked at her in skepticism, despite her peculiar words, the thing that stood out to him most, was the fact that she had nonchalantly tapped out the Morse code for someone that didn't seem to be involved in this situation, the name that belonged to the psychopath who had been trapped in the collapsing building. The one who had taken dazai's blood for what seemed like no particular reason.
"Akui hanari."
——————————————————————
Once again, hindsight is important, this is my own arc so it's not Canon just fyi.