Soukoku chapters II

Not really soukoku but more focusing on akutagawa and chuuya's relationship.
—————————————————————————
It was a fairly normal day at the port mafia headquarters and chuuya was just on his way to the training rooms when he heard that waste of bandages voice from one of the rooms.
Since dazai wasn't normally in the training rooms, of course chuuya's curiosity was piqued and he walked over to the room, peeking in through the open door. He was met by the sight of a boy kneeling on the ground and dazai appeared to be admonishing him.
"That boy...was his name akutagawa? Oh yeah that's the kid dazai brought in a few days ago."
Chuuya shrugged and was about to walk away when he heard a gunshot. Startled, he poked his head back in to see the boy on the ground, a bullet through his shoulder and dazai was stepping on the wound, his eyes glaring down at the boy. His protective instincts kicked in and chuuya stalked in, his ability activating almost immediately as he stomped towards dazai. The other had already heard chuuya's footsteps and looked up at his partner, who was clearly furious with him. Feigning innocence, dazai simply smiled and pocketed the gun.
"Ah, chibikko kun, why are you here?"
"Shut it, shitty dazai, don't bully the kid."
"Well, Chibi, I think that hat really did eat up all your brain cells. I'm not bullying him, I'm punishing him."
"And for what exactly?"
Chuuya's eyes looked down at the boy who was attempting not to cry or make any noise, despite the large amount of pain he was definitely in.
"Well his ability nearly killed me just now-"
"Abilities can't hurt you, you moron. I bet those bandages sucked up your brain cells as well."
"Of course I know that chibikko kun, but the thing is that he had the audacity to attack me. And don't you worry about my brain cells, chibi, I have an endless supply."
Chuuya growled, craters were already forming in the ground as he got angrier. Dazai's smile dropped and it was replaced by a disinterested expression as he took his boot off the boy's shoulder. The boy visibly relaxed, staring at Chuuya through half lidded eyes that were full of unshed tears.
"Have it your way then, chibi. You really should remember that you shouldn't be soft if you want to stay in the mafia."
Dazai walked away, his cape swishing behind him as his footsteps got softer and softer, yet Chuuya didn't let up with the pressure until the sound was inaudible. He sighed, deactivating his ability before looking down at the boy. The boy, akutagawa, attempted to sit up, let out a small whimper and he fell back down. Chuuya bent down, gently gripping akutagawa's other shoulder and hauling him up onto his feet.
"Are you ok?"
"H...hai! D...dazai san-"
"Don't care about that bandage wasting device for now, come on we're going to the infirmary."
"B...but-"
"No buts, kid, I don't care what you think. We're going"
Chuuya definitely could have phrased that better but well it worked, since he had gone limp in his arms and more or less let the older drag him towards the infirmary. Chuuya may or may not have used his ability to make it easier for akutagawa, but he was currently seething at dazai for being an asshole. Goodness, that guy had some fucked up way of teaching.
Once the white sign of the infirmary came into view, he slammed the sliding door open with his leg and dropped akutagawa onto one of the available beds, gingerly so as not to aggravate the already bleeding wound.
"Neh, Chuuya, can you please not come in without an appointment, it's really irritating!"
He heard a small whine behind him. Chuuya simply ignored the whining doctor as he opened the drawer of the cupboard next to the bed and took out a pair of tweezers. Akutagawa seemed to shrink away, but Chuuya held him down with his ability as he tried to find the bullet embedded deep within the boy's shoulder. Damn that dazai and his stupid boots that had probably driven it deep inside.
"Chuuya, that is not how you deal with a bullet wound."
"Well then, why not you come over here and help, stupid saki." He heard groaning behind him before a pair of hands snatched the tweezers from him and kicked him away from the injured boy. If it was any other person, Chuuya would probably have beaten them to one inch of their life but since the dumb doctor was helping to deal with the kid he wasn't going to retaliate.
Akutagawa was barely hanging on to consciousness, pain clouding his vision and he was trying not to cry. He felt the calming presence of rashoumon, but he was using all of his self control not to attack the two people who were helping him. He briefly tried to remember when he had heard the name "Chuuya" but another stab of pain coursed through his body and his thought process was interrupted.
All of a sudden, his pain seemed to evaporate into thin air and he could focus properly, staring at a black haired girl in a doctor's coat who was holding a bullet with a pair of tweezers. He tried to get up, but for some reason he couldn't.
"Hey, hey, don't get up, just because I temporarily removed your pain doesn't mean you can wander around and swing your arms idiot."
Someone clicked their tongue behind her and she rolled her eyes before walking away, presumably to throw the bullet and a red haired man came into his line of sight, the bed dipping when he sat next to him.
"Yo, you feel alright?"
Akutagawa attempted a nod, coughing slightly.
"I'm nakahara chuuya, you're akutagawa right?"
Akutagawa finally remembered where he had heard his name. He was dazai san's partner and whatever dazai san had said about him didn't match the guy in front of him at all.
"Akutagawa ryunosuke."
Chuuya nodded, patting the boy on his uninjured shoulder before looking towards the direction the girl had gone to.
"Oi, sakiro, what the hell are you doing back there?"
"Attempting to find painkillers of course, not my fault that half the time we don't even use them. I ain't using my ability just to keep him out of pain for that long."
Chuuya muttered some curse words and sighed.
"Um, nakahara san-"
"Chuuya, call me Chuuya."
Akutagawa, clearly flustered as he wanted to get up to properly thank his benefactor, found himself held down by an unknown force once again.
"No getting up kid."
Akutagawa held back a sigh as he tried not to fight against the mysterious force that was either from the doctor or Chuuya san, and he was willing to bet it was the latter.
"Thank you for helping me, Chuuya san."
Chuuya hummed as the doctor returned, holding a glass of water and a pack of painkillers. Akutagawa noticed that her eyes were heterochromatic, with one eye colour of a similar shade to Chuuya san's and the other a disturbing shade of red.
"Here, only take one every 3 hours it's really strong, I would say if you want to die take more but I won't encourage you to. Now if you'll excuse me, I shall return to sleeping."
"Lazy doctor."
"Inconsiderate frog."
Chuuya stuck his tongue out at her before opening the pack and handing one to akutagawa.
"Here, it's really bitter so I suggest you drink water immediately."
Akutagawa gulped as he took the tablet and popped it into his mouth, and just as he bit down on it, the pain in his shoulder flared out again, and he swallowed it in shock, successfully distracted from the bitterness. Chuuya, who had noticed akutagawa's momentary lapse when he had eaten the painkiller immediately turned his attention to the doctor behind who just shrugged at him before disappearing behind the curtain. Akutagawa downed the glass of water at once before choking and chuuya gently patted him on the back. The painkiller seemed to take immediate effect and the flaring pain was reduced to a dull ache.
"Hey stupid doctor, does the wound need to be cleaned?"
"I cleaned it with my ability, just wrap it up with bandages."
Chuuya caught the bandage roll that was thrown at him before passing it to the boy.
"Can you wrap it yourself?"
Akutagawa nodded, he shouldn't bother the older anymore, especially since he could do it with the help of rashoumon.
Chuuya stared at him for a few moments before asking:
"Hey, do you want to train with me?"
"E...eh? Train?"
"Yeah, physical combat and stuff."
Akutagawa, caught off guard, could only stare back, dumbfounded.
"W...well..."
"If you want to train with that shitty mackerel that's fine, but it's better for you to learn from me. That guy can't throw a punch."
Akutagawa didn't know what to say, sitting there in shock. Chuuya sighed, standing up, laying one hand on the boy's head.
"No need to tell me now, stay here for a day or two, your sister is with the black lizard right? I'll get her to come up and visit you."
Before Akutagawa could even say anything, the door closed and he was left there. Akutagawa brought a hand up to his hair, where he could still feel the warmth of chuuya's hand. It was comforting and gave him a sense of safety, and Akutagawa couldn't help but smile.
—————————————————————————
It was a few days later, when Chuuya was decimating the army of dummies in the training room when Akutagawa came to join him.
"Chuuya san."
Chuuya looked behind, smiling with one eyebrow raised at the newcomer.
"Shouldn't you still be at the infirmary?"
"Sakiro san let me out, she said I was taking up too much space."
Chuuya chuckled before walking over and slinging a hand around him.
"So, you want to train with me?"
"Hai, please teach me Chuuya san."
Chuuya's beam was so bright and Akutagawa felt an inexplicable sense of happiness as Chuuya dragged him to the Center of the room, claiming that he was going to teach him how to beat the mackerel up and throw him through buildings. Even though his entire body was sore and aching by the end of the day, Akutagawa felt like it was light and he was floating.
This was the first meeting between Akutagawa and chuuya, and also the start of a much healthier mentor student relationship.

—————————————————————————

Hey guys should I like have a behind the scenes at the end of every chapter? Would you all want to see that? I probably would do it anyway but I wanna hear your opinions.