Christmas special pt 1

CHRISTMAS EVE SPECIAL BECAUSE I SAID SO this is pt1 so this is basically in the past when soukoku was together in the pm I'll make another one in the present but that may be a bit late so sorry in advance.
———————————————————————
Chuuya was happily sleeping in his bed when a giant weight threw itself on him and a loud cheerful voice sounded in his ear.
"Chibi! Wake up!"
"Ugh, what do you want, shitty dazai?"
Chuuya groaned, pushing dazai off him as he forced himself up into a sitting position, half heartedly glaring at dazai.
"It's Christmas!"
"So?"
"We're supposed to celebrate!"
"We can celebrate later, go away."
Chuuya fell back onto the pillow, but dazai fell on him again, wrapping around him like a koala to its tree.
"Oi, I want to sleep!"
"Then I'll just sleep with you! That can be our Christmas!"
"Disgusting, get off!"
"Nuh uh!"
Laughing, they wrestled on the bed and chuuya couldn't help but smile as he tried to get dazai off him and they started play fighting and throwing the pillows at each other. Chuuya cackled as he managed to hit dazai in the face with the pillow and taking advantage of it, he grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around dazai like a burrito.
"Chuuya!"
Whining, dazai tried to get the blanket off him but Chuuya wrapped around it like a rubber band so he couldn't struggle.
"Tables have turned mackerel~ now stay still and let me go back to sleep."
"But it's hot in here!"
"Too bad, this is your punishment for waking me up."
Chuuya sighed contentedly as dazai shut up for once and soon enough, he was snoring away, still hugging the blanket wrapped dazai who was complaining about their position.
Dazai lamented his fate to be heated in the blanket oven when finally Chuuya rolled over onto the other side of the bed and he could get free of the restraining quilt.
"Chuuya~"
Dazai shook Chuuya roughly, attempting to wake him up again.
"Shut up mackerel."
Chuuya grumbled at being shaken awake again, swatting at dazai's face.
"No, come on let's go!"
"Go away!"
After about 15 minutes, dazai managed to get Chuuya out of bed and in the fullness of time, out of the room.
"Where are we going?"
"I don't know."
"Huh?!"
The two were walking down the corridor when dazai suddenly stopped, his eyes zeroing in on someone.
"Akutagawa kun!"
Akutagawa jumped as dazai sprinted to him, pouncing on the scared out of his wits boy.
"D...dazai san!"
"Merry Christmas!"
"H...hai!"
"856x9!"
"7704!"
"958/4!"
"239.5!"
"No math questions on Christmas please."
Akutagawa looked at Chuuya like he was his saviour, which in this case he was, exuding relief as he visibly relaxed.
"I'm just training the dog."
"Don't call ryuunosuke a dog, you're the dog."
"No im not!"
Chuuya wrenched Akutagawa from dazai's vice grip, pulling out a small box from thin air and a stocking.
"Here, merry Christmas."
"Merry christmas, Chuuya san!"
"Don't I get a present too?"
"Here."
An imaginary crow and three dots flew over them as Chuuya proudly pulled out a giant book, grinning widely as Akutagawa stared at the book like it was possessed and dazai was blinking in confusion.
"Chuuya, what is this?"
"Ways to kill yourself. I wrote it myself."
Akutagawa silently backed away, disappearing into the adjacent corridor.
"Is it accurate?"
"I don't know, why not you try it."
"...YAY! CHUUYA IS SUCH A KIND PERSON!"
"GET OFF ME YOU BONELESS MUMMY!"
—————————————————————————
At some point, dazai separated from him, presumably to pester Mori about something, meanwhile, Chuuya went around like Santa, handing presents out left and right, a new monocle for hirotsu, a handmade kimono for kouyou who greatly appreciated it, and he soon found gin in her room.
"Thank you Chuuya san!"
Gin, a surprising lover of feminine items was overjoyed to have a jade butterfly hairpin and a matching green dress covered in embroidered butterflies.
"Ive got a second present for you."
"Really?"
"I gave your brother a whole bunch of hairpins and hair ties."
Gin's eyes lit up with mischief as she squealed, laughing as she gave Chuuya a hug and ran off to grab her phone and find Akutagawa.
"Send me some of the pictures!"
He called out after her, snickering slightly as he shook his head, feeling slightly bad knowing gin would humiliate her brother.
"Hai, Chuuya san!"
(Imagine Akutagawa with a unicorn hairpin lol)
—————————————————————————
"Where were you the whole time?"
It was evening by the time Chuuya saw dazai again, finding the latter sitting in his room staring at a blank spot on the wall.
"In my room?"
"You're the one that dragged me out to celebrate yet you spend the whole day in the room? You didn't even come down to the party."
"First of all, what party? Second, I detest crowded places so I wouldn't have come either way."
Chuuya sighed, closing the door behind him as he came over to sit next to dazai, noticing the amount of paper sitting around the entire floor.
"Why's your room so messy?"
"I was too lazy to clean it up."
Groaning, Chuuya was about to get up to pick up the papers on the floor when a hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him over, and he landed on the other's chest, feeling bandaged arms slither around him.
"Oi."
"Just for a while, chibi."
Sensing something amiss, Chuuya complied, making himself a bit more comfortable on dazai's lap. He realised there was a neat out of place stack of paper next to dazai but didn't comment on it, letting dazai hug him for as long as he wanted.
Soon enough, the bandaged boy let him go and chuuya slid off his lap, startling when that pile of paper was dropped on his lap.
"What is this?"
"Your Christmas present."
The smile dazai was wearing seemed to be distant and chuuya looked through the papers, his eyes widening when he recognised the words inside.
"These are..."
"The files on arahabaki, I persuaded Mori san to give them to me."
"But they're only for executives to see, wait...did you-"
Dazai shook his head, taking chuuya's hand and lacing their fingers together.
"I'm not."
"Then how-"
"Don't ask, chibikko, just take it."
"Dazai, I can't take it unless I know what you-"
His words trailed off as dazai pulled him into another embrace.
"I know you wanted it, and you've been working so hard to get it, take this as my gift to you."
Chuuya resisted the urge to question anymore and closed his eyes, whispering a small thank you and they sat there, taking comfort in each other's presence while outside the building, fireworks exploded in the sky, lighting up the dark night sky.
—————————————————————————
What happened after dazai left Chuuya
"Dazai kun, you do remember only executives are entitled to those files?"
Mori inquired, staring hard at dazai, who nodded. He crossed his fingers, leaning his head on them as dazai stepped closer, maintaining a steady gaze.
"I'll like to make a deal with you, Mori san."
"Oh?"
"If you give me those files, I'll take your place as the next boss.(because we all know how badly Mori wants dazai to be his successor and he can happily run off to be with fukuzawa lol)"
Mori forgot how to breathe for a second, tilting his head slightly.
"Even though you were so averse to it before?"
"Yes."
"You could just wait till one of you becomes an executive."
"Mafia life is unpredictable."
The underlying meaning of either one of them could die before they became an executive hung in the air.
"Mori san would benefit from it too, chibi could further master his ability with knowledge on arahabaki."
"Dazai kun. You do realise that by making this deal, you're signing your freedom away?"
"I do."
Mori sat back, his expression no longer shocked but calculating.
"Is Chuuya kun worth that much to you?"
"Yes."
Dazai replied in a heartbeat, he felt a need to do this, he didn't know why, but it was like an emotion had settled over him the past few days, what he labelled as regret, except that he didn't know why he would feel regret for no reason. After analysing the emotion for a few days, he got it. It was regret for not doing something, and that regret was tied to Chuuya and the arahabaki files.
—————————————————————————
Maybe it was a past life thing, though dazai didn't believe in reincarnations. Either way, dazai didn't know if he did it because he wanted to get rid of the feeling or because he wanted to make Chuuya happy, but he was content knowing that even though his stubborn partner would never say it, he was very grateful for what dazai gave him, and knowing that was enough for dazai to not care too much about his freedom. After all, to him, Chuuya was his most important thing, his reason to live, anything was worth it if it was for him.
—————————————————————————
HINDSIGHT IS IMPORTANT
I shall say that whenever I put a spoiler lol this was so painful to write. THANK ME MORTALS FOR I HAVE PROVIDED SOUKOKU KAKAKA ignore this I'm just going crazy from the stress of making Christmas presents on Christmas Eve
Not me using Christmas as an excuse to make soukoku content
If y'all wanna see what the pm got Chuuya for this Christmas I'll make another part to this part
MERRY CHRISTMAS YALL it's fine if you don't celebrate, you get free soukoku either way