Irregular: Leo POV

Cy spoke up while Queen giggled mischievously,

 "One of Queen's vampiric abilities is to be able to see emotions, scents, energy, and intentions."

Queen interjected with a single finger in the air matter-of-factly,

 "I can only see intentions some of the time. I have to actively be looking for it and even then, I don't always see it."

He sees all of that? On a daily basis, as he goes through life, he just sees all this...stuff circulating in the air and around people? As if I spoke aloud, Queen spoke again as he met my, most likely, question filled gaze,

 "I don't see all of that all the time. Scents and energy I can toggle on and off, like it has an internal switch. Like I said about intentions, I have to actively do it, it drains my energy when I do so; the most out of my abilities. Emotional auras, though, I always see them. It's a bit annoying, but there's really nothing I can do about it except bite the bullet. Antyway, enough about me. I want to hear about you guys and your cute family. You don't get to sit here making me jealous and interrogate me."

I caressed my baby's bare waist as he responded while gently rocking Ciara to sleep,

 "How can we make you jealous? You've obviously been with your beloved for much longer."

 "About 4 years, yes, but you have a sweet little baby bun and I'm bun-less."

I spoke up then,

 "Does your beloved not want children right now?"

A slightly saddened look entered Queen's eyes, and I realized I'd touched on a sore subject. Before I could apologize, he spoke,

 "You don't have to feel guilty, hun. It has nothing to do with you. It's genetics. Orion and I both want kids, I'd love to be pregnant, and he'd make a great father, but we're both pure-blooded vampires. The fertility rate of a vampire is already shit as is. But with two pure-bloods trying to have a kid, it's much worse. I have about a 5% chance of getting pregnant, naturally. I'd prefer that way because with IVF there's a high chance of multiple eggs becoming fertilized. Multi-birth increases the chance of pregnancy complications and miscarriage, so...yeah we don't have any bundles of joy yet. But we're about as close as you can get to immortal, so we have all the time in the world."

I nodded and started to apologize when Queen's gaze became sharp as he raised a disapproving brow,

 "What did I tell? Do not apologize. You have nothing to be apologetic for."

My mouth clamped shut, and I nodded my head; not liking being on the end of that gaze. His eyes softened as he looked at Cy, the mischievous smirk back on his face,

 "So, besides the baby-making, what else is new?"

I choked on air while Cy clicked his tongue in slight annoyance,

 "What is with all the adults around us casually referring to our sex life?"

Queen blinked with feigned innocence while I cleared my throat,

 "What? The evidence is asleep in your arms, right now. It's not like it's unnatural. It's a beautiful part of romantic relationships, there's absolutely nothing to be shy about."

I beg to differ. I'd prefer not to think of anyone, but me, thinking about the intimate moment, moments, that led up to our little pup, thank you very much.

 "We'll keep our intimacy between us, thanks."

I nodded as I inhaled both of my babies' scents. Queen shrugged dismissively,