Preperations: Dual POV

***WARNING: This chapter contains slight gore.***

Cyrus POV

It was Sunday of the last week that we'd be able to ditch school. We'd spent the entirety of Friday catching up on work and we'd spent this weekend spending time with Ciara as much as possible. Now I was laying in bed watching the clock. My wolf and I did not like the idea of being away from our three-week-old pup. In fact, I hated it. I knew that Mical and Ari wouldn't let her out of their sight. They were more protective than Leo and I. But still. I sighed quietly and rolled onto my back. If this kept up, I'd be back on my insomniac streak. That was the last thing I needed. I closed my eyes and turned into Leo's chest, trying to let his scent and warmth calm my thoughts.

I walked to Ciara's room and went to her crib. It was so early. So, why was I in here? I looked at the clock, but I couldn't really focus on it. I tilted my head in confusion. What the hell? I stared for a bit longer, but the sound of Ciara's cry drew my attention back to her crib in front of me. At least, it was supposed to be. Instead, there was nothing but cement walls. I spun slowly; taking in my surroundings. I was in a cement room. I froze as my eyes landed on something I had no desire to see. Two chains with silver wrist cuffs hung from the wall. Not here. I can't be here. I ran from here.

I hit the ground as someone kicked me from behind. I couldn't turn to see who it was before I was surrounded by repetitive blows. Kicks, punches, stomps, slaps. They came from every direction until moving was a distant memory. I was being dragged now, and it hurt like hell. Where's Leo? Is he okay? Please be okay. I need him to be okay. Ciara can't grow up an orphan. I was chained up, as usual. My wrists restrained as if I could move after that beating. I vomited blood to clear the metallic taste from my throat before I heard an all too familiar voice,

 "So you thought you could simply leave me behind? Start over. Start a family...it even looks like you, my pet."

My eyes widened as I looked up to see Marren with my pup in his arms. He stood in front of a cliff. I struggled to move, but the chains ate away at my wrists. Tears streamed down my eyes as I begged,

 "Please! Please don't hurt her! I'll do what you want! I'll belong to you! I'll do whatever! Please!"

The chains pulled back until my arms were straining. Marren just laughed as he walked closer to the edge. The farther he went, the farther my arms were pulled. My shoulders popped out of place. The sound of tearing flesh as pain ripped through my body while I watched him carry my daughter to the edge. My armless torso fell to bloody dirt as Marren turned to me with a sick smile, his foot hanging off the edge,

 "Oh no no, pet. You always belonged to me, and this will help you remember that."

I screamed as he fell back over the cliff with my screaming baby in his arms. No. NO. NO! TAKE ME INSTEAD! Rip me apart, rape me, kill me! Don't- Don't- CIARA!

Leo POV

I jolted awake at the sound of my baby's screams. I immediately sat up, trying to wake him as he screamed. He screamed for Ciara and I and screamed the words 'no' and 'please'. Begging, pleading. For what? I had no idea. All I knew is that this is the most intense nightmare he's had in months. After a few more minutes, his eyes opened. They glowed pale blue as he caught sight of me and he quickly attached himself to me. Holding on for dear life. As if I'd disappear. Whimpers and sobs left his lips as he clung to me. His legs were wrapped around my waist, his arms around my neck as his extended claws dug into my back. I couldn't even feel the pain as I held him close.