"that's not making me feel any better." anais pouted.

"they were like.. really in love, okay? i know that's not what you wanna hear but honestly i think mike would've died for her. they've know each other for about four years and the shit they've been through together- the shit we've all been through.."

max trailed off when she saw the lack of expression in anais' face. she felt bad but the girl asked and he couldn't straight up lie to her.

"you know how you said this town is weird?" max asked. she popped the board up and hopped off as they arrived on mike's block.

"mhm." ana followed the same motion of leaning back and popping the board into her hand.

"it's really weird. a lot happened last summer, shit that'll make your head spin and yeah mike loved her but i've haven't seen him so happy since you moved here last month. he likes you, and my guess is a lot."

anais stared at her for a second before clicking her tongue. "max nobody falls out of love that quickly. it's unrealistic and sure he likes me now but what about when he sees her again? el won't stay in california forever and i refuse to let a man embarrass me again."

anais pressed the doorbell and ran a hand through her hair. there was a slight pause as max's face twisted to confusion. "i hate it when you act like you can't have what you want just because you're scared of a risk."

before anais could respond mrs wheeler opened the door, smile on her face.

"ana! maxine! come in." she stepped aside and let the the two into the house. the house was nice per usual with toys nest in the corner. "thank you for coming on such short notice, really you're an angel." she smiled.

"it's no problem!" anais smiled back.

"okay well bedtime for holly is 8 o'clock, don't let her try to convince you otherwise. i left some food in the fridge for you guys and she's not allowed to have sweets before dinner. have fun girls!" she turned for the door but abruptly stopped and spun around. she gave a cheeky smile. "michael will be home around 7ish." mrs wheeler walked over to anais, taking the girl's hands and squealing. "god you guys will be the cutest." after that she let go, smiled once more to the girls and left the house.

anais turned to max and put a hand on her head like a woman in distress. "he told his mother!"

"he told his mother!" max repeated but in a much more enthusiastic tone.

"maxine this is not a good thing. this is the worse thing!"

"how is it bad?" max asked like anais was deranged.

"his mom is gonna hate me when i say no!"

"you're not saying no!" max argued.

anais heaved, "yes i am! did you not listen to my ramble?"

"i did and frankly i'm a little tired of it." max brushed anais' shoulder as she walked into the kitchen and pulled a water bottle out the fridge. "i know you're afraid of being embarrassed and blah blah blah but let's think about it for a second. if mike wasn't serious about this date and liking you, he wouldn't have told his mother."

"and how do you know that!" anais asked as she followed her into the kitchen.

"because it took like two years for him to tell her he liked eleven! i think he really likes you and i know you like him, honestly he's probably given you a sign."

anais stayed quiet for a second, folding her arms flat and pressing her back against the sink. "well there was this one sign.."

"pray tell." max said, unscrewing the cap and taking a sip.

𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें