Chapter 27

Grey sat next to Niklaus and Alaric at the pack meeting. The hall inside the pack house was filled with murmurs. Selah sat in the front alone as no one wanted to be near her.

Grey felt bad for her. He did. He refused to believe that the girl he'd have such good conversations with was inherently bad. 'And that's the fucking problem. You're an idiot.' Riel snarled internally causing Grey to sigh.

"Quiet." Niklaus spoke looking out at his pack from where he stood. "I know that news travels fast in this town, but I also know it gets misconstrued in the process. Selah Montgomery, you are here to tell the truth about who you are and what has occurred in this pack because of it."

Selah nodded her head before she made her way to the front of the room to look at her pack. "As you all know, I'm part succubus. I never knew my mother and my father brought us here when I was two. I've always known my wolf side. A lot of you can attest that prior to middle school we all had a great dynamic." Selah gave a hopeful smile. "Yeah, and then puberty happened and you became a literal man eater." A teenage she wolf yelled out causing snickers and laughs.

"Silence." Niklaus said glaring at the girl who cowered. "Puberty happened and my succubus powers were no longer able to be masked by my wolf side. I didn't understand what was going on until my father told me the truth." Selah looked out into the crowd as tears formed in her eyes. "I'm so sorry for everything I've done. I never meant...I never meant to hurt anyone."

"Why couldn't you go after the single wolves? Why did you go after wolves that were mated and in relationships?" Selah remained silent and Grey felt like he was finally seeing what Riel was talking about. 'Dumbass.' Riel said before sucking his teeth.

"You've ruined so many lives. My brother took his own life for the affair you coerced, Selah, and for what? So you could fucking feed? I don't buy that. I think you're a sick fuck that gets off on more than just sex with your victims. I think you know that no man will ever love you truly and you want to destroy the love of others in retaliation. You're pathetic and evil incarnate." Cody snarled.

"Enough, Cody." Alaric spoke up. Selah looked to Grey and he had no idea why. 'You've been Captain Save a Hoe this whole time might as well put your fucking cape on.' Grey growled internally at Riel. "Don't look at him." Asher called out with a glare.

"You've possibly ruined the relationship of our future Alpha and Luna. You've ruined lives and numerous relationships of pack members that you were supposed to see as family. Honestly, there's nothing redeeming about you." Cody growled.

"Alpha Niklaus, Beta Alaric, I think we should have a vote to excommunicate Selah from the pack." Cody said with a stern expression that let everyone know he meant business.

Murmurs of agreement could be heard, while a few gasps were voiced as well. Grey didn't know what to feel. He felt kicking Selah out of the pack was a bit extreme as she wasn't yet done with high school nor had she ever experienced life on the outside and to do so as a rogue was harsh.

However, the alternative of her living in Ravenswood would be just as rough. She would be treated like a leaper and not just by werewolves. Now that everyone knew she was half succubus he could see every species in Ravenswood giving her the cold shoulder.

"Silence." Niklaus called out. He looked at the redhead girl and felt that a compromise needed to be struck. He knew her father very well. Curtis Montgomery was a loving man and doting father, but he had screwed his daughter over in not telling her what she was.

It was through his lack of preparation that Selah's life spiraled. It also didn't help that Niklaus felt her apology was half assed. "Selah, you will finish up high school here in Ravenswood, but you will be removed from the pack the day after you graduate." Selah let out a sob as the severity of her situation took root.