Chapter 14

School the next two weeks rushed out in a blur. Isla was so focused on finishing assignments, as well as, finishing up details for the wedding that she rarely had time for her mates. She saw them in their dreams, but even then, she was either jotting down notes or falling asleep almost instantly.

It was the night before the big day and she found herself in one of the few clubs in Ravenswood. Pleasure Paradise was a nightclub in the Mountains community that had a unisex strip club in the basement.

Isla wanted to scream as the male stripper gyrated in front of her. Edie thought she was being a prude. Moira, Edie's best friend and Stevie's older sister, thought she was worried about what her mates would think. Stevie knew the truth.

Isla Geneviève Devereux was terrified of male strippers. Stevie cackled to herself as a male stripper tried to her hand. When Isla began crying Stevie knew she'd had enough.

"Alright, baby girl, we'll go to the female strippers' side. How does that sound?" Isla nodded her head as Edie and Moira gave the male stripper some money and walked towards the other side with them.

In moments Isla was having the time of her life. She twerked with the strippers and sang along to hip hop classics. "Are you having a blast, Lala?" Stevie asked over the music earning an enthused head nod. Stevie chuckled before she began spraying ones on a stripper.

Edie walked over with four shots in her hand. "For you, little sis." Edie said handing her one and distributing the rest. "To love, happiness and marital bliss." Isla smiled widely and cheered to that.

The liquid burned going down but she shook it off and went back to twerking with her new acquaintance Amethyst who was the fairy stripper entertaining them.

"What do you think she's doing right now?" Grey asked as he lay on the ground staring at the sky. "Whatever it is she's having a great time doing it." Paxton said looking at his hand. There were five of them and he realized the pill they took had finally hit him.

"You guys feel that shit yet?" Cody called out laying down across from them. "Yeah." Paxton, Grey and Asher said in unison. "Good shit." Cody chuckled before staring off into the night sky.

"You two are getting married tomorrow." Asher said somewhat dazed. "Yeah, but it's not that big of a deal. I mean, it is to her, but we're already mated. We bare one another's marks. Our union has been solidified."

Paxton nodded at Grey's words. "True, but it's the legality of it all. This is like an added layer to your mating. I think it's cool. Special." Grey smiled to himself as he envisioned Isla in a white gown.

"Yeah, it is special." Paxton felt the drugs hitting him hard. He began to see sound and hear colors. Grey felt him through their bond right before the drugs began affecting him also.

"Cody, what the fuck did you give us?!" Grey screamed as he began feeling like the stars were caving in on him. "You've just started the journey, boys. Sit back and relax." Cody smirked as he watched the stars swirl around him.

Asher was used to this type of high hanging with Cody for so long. It was a drug manufactured by some college sophomore warlocks looking to make quick cash.

Asher listened as Grey and Paxton groaned and chuckled. They would be alright. The high would burn out slowly in a few hours and they'd be lulled to sleep because of it. As he settled in for the ride that the drug Zoom always provided, he hoped that the grooms wouldn't have a hard comedown or worse miss the wedding altogether.

Isla woke up to her alarm and groaned loudly. She slammed the stop button on her phone before throwing her phone. When she didn't hear it hit her wall she looked up through squinted eyes and found her younger sister using her magic to float the phone over to her desk.