Chapter 8

After the admission of who they all were Paxton was on the move. Isla was shoved behind him before his fangs were barred. Elijah was snapped out of his staring contest with Nina to see his brother's grandson in defense mode.

"We mean you no harm, Paxton." Grey scoffed at that as he too stood in front of Isla. "You'll have to forgive us for not believing another Pavlov that waltzed into town."

Isla rolled her eyes. "Nona." She said, but it seemed her grandmother was still in her daze. Isla used her magic to give her grandmother a slight slap. It snapped her out of it, but then had her turning a glare onto her granddaughter. Isla held up her hands. "You weren't responding. I thought you were having a stroke." Isla snickered earning an eye roll.

"Why are you here, Elijah?" Nina finally spoke up. His eyes turned back to her and he couldn't help but inhale deeply. He missed her. Her scent was one that had calmed him for years and he had gone without it for over five decades.

"We're back because you all have taken care of our psychopathic brother and nephew. We stayed away for as long as we had, because we didn't want to put Ravenswood on their radar. It seems it found its way there any way unfortunately, but we've come back to make amends and live freely once more."

"We're supposed to believe that." Paxton spoke up still standing in front of Isla. "You've been gone since 1964, but the moment your brother and nephew are killed you magically feel it's time to come home. I call bullshit. It's so funny how you chose to arrive after a phoenix witch is revived. You're not welcome here."

Elijah and Erik looked between Margot and Isla. Isla raised up her hand. "He's talking about me." Paxton growled at her causing her to pout. "I'm just being nice." Erik sighed before looking at Nina. "He's telling the truth, Nini." Nina couldn't help the small smile that graced her face at the old nickname.

"You can't possibly believe them, Lady Nina!" Isla knew her fiancé was afraid and placed a hand on his back. "She knows them, babe. If she trusts them then we should too." Elijah looked at Nina once more. "Do you trust us?" Nina looked from him to the third man with them that couldn't stop looking at her daughter.

Nina looked at Margot who seemed to be in a daze all her own. "Who is he?" Nina asked Erik who smiled proudly. "This is my son, Matthew Pavlov." Isla looked at the Black man they now knew as Matthew and then back at Erik.

"Um...we haven't fully covered genetics in Bio, but uh...he's Black." Grey spoke up causing Isla to shake her head and chuckle. "He's my step son, but I don't believe in that step crap. I've raised him since he was two years old. He's mine."

Isla smiled at the proud father before looking at Matthew's smiling face. One would assume he was smiling at his father's loving words, but he was smiling at her mother.

Everyone had picked up on the tension between the two before Erik began chuckling. "Who would've thought?" Erik said before looking at Nina. "Angel," Nina said to Margot who simply nodded her head. "Son," Erik said to

Matthew who pulled his gaze from Margot to look at his father. "Remember when you were ten and I told you about mates and why it was important to wait for yours."

Matthew nodded his head before it clicked. He turned back to Margot with a wide smile on his face. Erik pushed his son towards her causing him to stumble in shock, but Margot was there.

The moment they touched both parents knew it was a wrap. The moment Margot touched him she knew two things. One, she would love Matthew Pavlov until the day she died. Two, which shocked her, Matthew was human.

Margot looked into his eyes and worried that the mate's pull wouldn't be as strong for him since he was mortal, but as he cupped her cheek and planted the sweetest kiss she'd ever known on her full lips all doubt disappeared. "YES!" Isla cheered happily for her mother.