Chapter 2

"I miss him." Isla spoke up to Grey as they sat together alone. "I know you do, babe." Isla looked out the window and remembered the expressions that plagued Paxton's face.

He was heartbroken and confused, but she didn't miss the hint of guilt. "I wish he was here." Isla whispered, but Grey heard her. The two gasped loudly when Paxton appeared in front of them. "What the-" Paxton spoke up confused.

"I'm sorry," Isla said wide eyed. "I've never done that before. I mean, usually I have to say a spell and definitely utilize a locator spell first..." Grey and Paxton watched as Isla rambled on.

She was clearly confused and a bit trouble by what occurred. "You're okay, babe." Grey tried to calm her. "I'm not though. I just made Paxton appear from God knows where from wishing it. Magic isn't supposed to work that way."

"Lady Nina will get on it. I'm sure they'll find something in their search through your family's grimoires." Grey offered before looking pointedly at Paxton. "I'm going to go check on my parents and Odin. I know they have a lot of questions." Grey pecked her lips before cupping her face. "I love you and I'll see you tonight."

Grey looked up at Paxton with a glare before walking out of the house. Paxton looked down at Isla once the front door closed and took her in. She was really real. She was in front of him. Breathing. Alive.

He watched as she stood up and made her way to him. "Pax-" He pulled her close and crashed his lips on hers. The grip Paxton had on her waist and neck were tight. Isla felt he held her like he thought she'd disappear and a part of her knew that was a very real fear of his.

The kiss was desperate and needy and she loved it. She needed this. She needed him and as he moaned into her mouth, she knew he needed her as well.

Isla's head spun as Paxton hyper sped them to her room. She expected the way she was being handled to be done by Riel, but gray eyes stared at her as her white dress was torn to shreds.

Paxton stared at her naked body with a hunger that made her shiver. "Paxton." Isla whispered as he just stood above her staring. "I watched you die. I watched my father literally kill you with his bare hands. I heard your last breath. I heard your heart stop." There were so many emotions swirling in his gray eyes with the hints of blue that she adored.

"Paxton." Isla whispered causing him to close his eyes. "I thought I'd never hear your voice again. You'd never be able to sing to me again." Paxton opened his eyes that were filled with tears before rubbing her thigh lovingly.

"I needed you, Isla. When I killed my father. When we killed our birth mothers. I needed you. When I lost you and was consumed by this ache, I needed you."

Isla made a wish and gave a soft smile as Paxton stared down at his naked body. "Show me how much you need me Pax and I'll do the same." He stared into her brown eyes before leaning down on top of her. He kissed her with a gentleness that warmed her.

Isla's legs widened as Paxton traced her core with his tip. "I love you." Isla said before moaning as he entered her. Paxton's eyes rolled back as he gently filled her.

She felt so damn perfect and right. The emotions that swarmed him were overwhelming as she clawed at his back and called out his name like a treasured prayer.

Paxton was not surprised by the uptick in wind rustling around the room. Frames on the walls began to sway while her desk and its items began floating. "I can't lose you, Isla. I won't." Paxton decreed as he began pounding into her.

"Paxton!" Isla cried out as he lifted her leg over his shoulder and thrusted in and out of her like a man possessed. Everything in the room shook as bursts of wind toppled things over left and right.