Chapter 23

Paxton, Grey, Isla, Tessa and Cody found themselves walking into the most beautiful home they'd ever seen. It was massive, but still had the ability to be homey. Freya told them to come right in, so they did and were enamored every step of the way.

"Hi! You must be Lazlo's friends. Welcome!" A gorgeous dark-skinned woman smiled at them as she pulled each one in for a hug. "Don't go making them feel so welcomed, Mama. They're not even friends of a fuck ass mate. They're friends of friends. Basic status. They haven't earned hugs."

They looked around and didn't see anyone talking. "Boo!" A large cat jumped on the stool beside the counter and scared the shit out of them. They watched as the cat cackled at the fright he gave.

"Ignore him. I'm Harlow Draven and this is Alistair. We're so happy to have you." Alistair sucked his teeth. "Speak for your damn self, Mama. I don't know these fools!" Harlow waved him off and Isla saw how stone cold still her husbands and friends were.

"What's wrong?" She asked them and noticed the way Cody and Tessa were staring at Harlow. Harlow chuckled before giving them a bright smile. "I'm just Harlow, you guys. There's no need to be afraid or starstruck. If anything, I should be the one in awe of this gem." Harlow said pointing at Isla.

Isla looked at her and felt like there was something she was missing that everyone else obviously knew. "You must not be bright, huh?" Alistair said to Isla. "Did you ride the long bus or short one to school? I'm asking for a friend." Harlow groaned at the feline.

"I'm sorry. I just...I've only ever lived in Ravenswood. I don't know much it seems." Alistair whistled lowly. "Po little tink tink. No wonder you don't know nothing. You've been living on a commune." Harlow shooed Alistair away leaving them to listen to his cackles as he exited.

"Do not listen to him. I know a lot about Ravenswood and you, Isla Devereux. Ravenswood has and always will be a quaint safe haven for the supernatural to be themselves. That's a very good thing."

Isla nodded her head unsure. She felt at a disadvantage in this supernatural world and didn't like it one bit. "Why are they looking at you like you're the next best thing since lemon pepper wings?" Harlow laughed out loud at her. "I knew I was going to like you."

Harlow led them towards a hallway. "They're staring at me like that because I know this is the first time they've ever met a tribrid." Isla's jaw fell open. "Told you it'd happen again!" Lazlo called out with a chuckle.

Isla looked around at the full dining room and smiled shyly. "Guys, these are Lazlo's friends. Isla, Tessa, Paxton, Cody and Grey." Harlow introduced but Paxton, Tessa, Cody and Grey were moving on their own accord.

"I-It's a pleasure to m-meet you, sir." Grey wanted to kick himself for stuttering, but he was literally in the presence of a king. Grey didn't know what Wes looked like prior to now, but once in his presence there was no denying who the wolf king was. His aura was powerful and regal in a way that made Riel want to howl in reverence. Wes smiled at the young wolf. "Nice to meet you, Grey."

Isla watched as Grey tried not to lose his mind and chuckled. Paxton was no better in the way he gawked at who Isla assumed to be Val. "Isla, come here." Isla turned to Freya and saw her playing with the cutest baby boy.

The closer she got though the fussier the boy behaved. "Miles, what's wrong?" Freya asked. Miles seemed to be reaching for Isla, specifically her stomach. "Hi sweet boy." Isla said picking up the baby.

He looked at her with the most interestingly colored eyes. They were brown with hints of green in them. "You're such a handsome little devil." The baby giggled at her before Isla watched as light brown skin change to black and ash. She let out a scream that caused the baby to laugh even harder.