Chapter 29

Ziggy and I have been spending every spare minute we can with each other if we weren't by each other side

Ziggy and I have been spending every spare minute we can with each other if we weren't by each other side. We were talking on the phone I even put a stool next to the phone cause my legs started to burn from standing too long " Regan's mom invited me over for dinner tonight, she wanted to know if you want to come. It'll be you, me, and Greg. Then you can sleepover at my house" Ziggy said over the phone.

I didn't know what to think about going to Regan's town walking the same sidewalks she walked on, going to her house where she'll never return. Part of me wanted to go since it'll be full of my favorite girl but she won't be there next to me Ziggy will be.

" I think it'll be depressing you know going to her house and her not being there. Having dinner with her mom and Greg" we stayed quiet for a moment.

" I think it'll be good all we have left now is memories and those two people have the most memories with her. I wouldn't be mad if you didn't want to go. Have you talked to your parents about David taking to us places on the list? I've been thinking about it a lot and I want to do the list but I'll only go if you go in memory of Regan".

I haven't been really talking to my parents I thought I'll be happy since my mother hasn't been talking to me like at all. I freaked out on her when she kept on calling Regan my friend and that I should move on from her tragic death that everyone dies it's part of life. The news haven't talked about the mass murders in two weeks, there's new news, new gossip, for our two small towns to absorb. They don't know the truth let alone face the horrors that night had.

I do some things with daddy he tries to stay home as much as possible he doesn't go on business trips anymore. The things that made me happy didn't anymore. Regan is all I ever think about wondering what we'll be doing right now, how happy we will be, she's not a minute walk away anymore.

" I'll talk to them about it and I'll meet you at the sign at 5 o'clock" mother had lunch ready and Ziggy and I said our goodbyes.

They're already sitting at the table waiting for me to join them, grabbing the plate off the kitchen counter " Ziggy and I saw David at the liquor store" tuna sandwiches and a side of chips sat on my paper plate.

" How is he doing?" daddy asked, mother usually makes a rude comment but decided to keep her mouth shut.

" He looks different . . . older" I said.

" That's what happens when you are alcoholic adds ten years on ya. What he needs to do is fix his front yard. It makes this whole block look like trash" daddy usually doesn't say anything when mother makes rude comments like this but he couldn't keep quiet anymore.

" Why, do you talk like that?" daddy asked.

" Like, what? I'm only speaking the truth. He can't be in that house doing nothing but watching TV all day" mother and daddy never fought he goes whichever way she went.