Chapter 17

Dear diary, Regan and I decided not to meet tonight since the fucking Berman sisters are keeping a closer eye on my Regan she's having nightmares again

Dear diary, Regan and I decided not to meet tonight since the fucking Berman sisters are keeping a closer eye on my Regan she's having nightmares again. She told me that when she met me and we started getting close the nightmares went away. She said that I saved her this time I can't save her and it hurts so bad seeing her trembling in fear, pale as snow in the winter knowing that I couldn't do anything about it. It's not fair. It's not fair that we can't spend time together, it's not fair that we have to sneak around, it's not fair that I can't hug, kiss, or hold her hand like every other couple of the world. We wouldn't have this problem if the Berman sisters weren't here. We could spend every waking moment together that piece of shit witch is where I want to be. She could sit next to her, talk to her, and do activities together and nobody will look up. If they see us together people will stare, whisper. Her friends hate me and my friends and my friends hate her it's not fair. I wish my mother never caught us in the pool then we never would have come to camp we could be having a sleepover right now laying on her family room floor eating popcorn, drinking soda, watching sitcoms. I never watched them I only watched her how her nose scrunches up when she laughs, how she copies the actors lines in a funny voice trying to make me laugh. Maybe I can make a deal with Kurt to allow Regan to stay in my cabin then her nightmares will go away and we can be together again. What about Becky and Annie they'll make Regan's life a living hell and Cindy won't let them stay in cabin five she'll know better, she's not stupid. Ziggy and Cindy will become suspicious and curious. I'll talk to Regan about it tomorrow if we can get some alone time wish me luck xoxo Sheila.

Annie and Becky are sleeping peacefully in their bunks putting my diary back under a loose plank of wood next to my bed under the mattress isn't a safe bet anymore. I quietly shut the cabin door making my way to cabin five usually when you step out you see a bunch of kids giggling and talking loudly now there is nobody in sight quiet except the faint noise of crickets and frogs from the lake. Regan's cabin has one window and luckily Regan's bunk faces the window. I looked through the window to see her sleeping on her stomach the blankets lay by her feet to beat the summer heat. She wore teal booty shorts with a white tang top her long hair sprawled on her back. I wanted to go inside lay down next to her and fall asleep in each others arms but I can't do that can't wake the witch up. I blew her a kiss and went back to my cabin.

Regan's pov

" Shhhh" Ziggy and I giggled grabbing two big bottles of honey and a big gallon bottle of oil from the mess hall kitchen. " We'll get them good" Ziggy smiled. " I call on bitch Sheila" I grabbed her arm. " No, we leave her alone" she gave me a look. " Why, she's the leader of the sunnyvillers. She makes my life a living hell every summer" I shook my head. " She didn't do anything we are only getting revenge on Annie and Becky. They were the ones that told on me. They are our only target okay" Ziggy gave in. " Fine, I'll leave her alone for you" I smiled and thanked her. We looked through their small cabin window it was silent and everyone inside was still " they're sleeping " Ziggy put her finger to her lips as we went inside. She pointed to Becky and I pointed to Annie going to their bunks. Annie was laying on her back I quietly opened the bottle squeezing honey all over her dark brown hair we try so hard not to laugh pouring the rest of honey on her chest and arms. She was soaked in the sticky substance and her sheets Ziggy was still working on Becky I started pouring the oil from the back of the cabin till I got to Sheila's bunk that was next to Becky's. I stared down at her she looked so innocent laying on her side hugging her pillow her beautiful dark hair was covering most of her face. I wanted to tuck her hair back behind her ear to see her face when I felt a hand on my shoulder " changing your mind?. You can do the honors I still have some honey left" Ziggy whispered. I shook my head " no, we should get out of here you almost done?" we poured the rest of the oil on the floor and closed the door. Ziggy grabbed my hand as we ran back to cabin five as soon as we closed the door we burst out laughing " they're gonna be in for a rude awakening in the morning" Ziggy laughed. " Nobody messes with us and gets away with it. For Shadyside".
"For shadyside" we high fived.
" We have to get up before the intercom I want to see their reaction" I grinned.
" I'll set the alarm to eight".

The alarm went off Ziggy quickly turned it off " Ray, get up" throwing a pillow at my face. I threw the pillow back at her as we got changed putting on Andy's jacket Ziggy and I sat on a picnic lunch table facing cabin seven where we'll have the perfect view " morning girls" Tommy smiled heading to the mess hall to get the tables ready for breakfast. " Morning Tommy beautiful morning ain't it" we chuckled. " Yeah, the weather is nice today" walking past us. " It's gonna be a nice day indeed" Ziggy whispered into my ear making me giggle. The intercom went off played loud rock music " any minute now" I whispered kids started to come out of their cabins walking towards the mess hall for food. A loud high pitch scream echoed through the camp Kurt ran towards the cabin all three of them ran out Becky and Annie still screaming their hair and clothes glued to their skin. Everyone looked at them in shock when Ziggy and I couldn't contain our laughter anymore our stomach and cheeks hurt looking at them " best prank ever".

Sheila's pov

I woke up to a scream thinking it was Regan having another nightmare. I quickly got out of bed slipping on the floor knocking the wind out of me " ewww, ewww!" Becky screamed. " It's all over me and in my hair!" Annie yelled their hair and clothes was covered in a sticky substance. The floor was soaked with what smells like oil sitting up my hair and clothes weren't sticky like the girls. " What's going on in here?. Whoa!" Kurt fell straight on his back like me. The girls beds has honey on their sheets, pillows and all over themselves when we eventually got out of the cabin Becky and Annie are still screaming from the top of their lungs. The campers and counselors look at us in shock while Regan and Ziggy were laughing like crazy it was them they did it but why did they leave me untouched then I realized it was Annie and Becky who told on Regan when she let out the camp rabbits. " Girls go take a shower before you attract the bees" Kurt told them.

At lunch the girls finally come out of the showers complaining that it took them forever to get the honey out of their hair. Regan and Ziggy walked towards our table usually they pass by instead they stopped " we're so sorry about what happened to you guys" Ziggy pouted. " I read in cosmopolitan magazine that honey is good for your skin and hair moisturizes it real well" Regan smirked. " Who could have done this Ray? they've been nothing but nice" Ziggy questioned. " I don't know Ziggy someone clever and smart. In need of revenge" the girls eyes widened in realization. " You witches" Annie whispered madly. " You guys should be thanking us for doing such a good deed and thinking of you guys" Regan leaned over the table I try so hard not to look at her cleavage. " Nobody messes with me and gets away with it. You guys thought I forgot what you did but I don't forget . . . toodaloo" Ziggy flipped us off.

" They're awful fucking Shadyside trash" Becky said harshly.

I reached over the table running my fingers through Becky's hair " your hair is soft" I said casually. " Why, are you being so calm about this they put honey all over us" Annie said. " Wait, why didn't they do anything to you?" Becky asked curiously. " How should I know" shrugging my shoulders. I knew the answer Ziggy probably wanted to do the same thing to me but Regan talked her out of it to protect me like I do for her " we should tell Kurt" I stopped them. " No, no, no, we keep this to ourselves. We'll get them back and we'll get them back good".