chapter 1

" Regan, Regan, Regan" I shot up breathing heavily. " Mom" I whispered. She pulled me into her chest " I saw him. He was blue and crawling towards me" I wept. She rocked me in her arms " it's just a dream, a nightmare" I lived that nightmare almost 2 weeks ago. My brother Andy and I went to the same school so, we always rode home together. I waited at his locker like usual " Greg, have you seen Andy?" I asked the older boy. " He ditched, he didn't tell you" it's not the first time he's ditched. He either tells me that he ditching so, i can find a ride home or he comes back for me. " No, and he's never late for picking me up" Greg ran his hand through his shaggy brown hair. " Let's go to my locker then I'll drive you home" I've known Greg since forever. Andy and Greg have been best friends since the 2nd grade he's like an older brother to me. " Did he say anything to you, did something happen. This isn't like him" he's a very protective older brother he knows how teenage shadysiders are. " He said he didn't want to deal with math class today" we drove the 15 minute ride home. 

" Mom" nobody answered. " Mom is still at work" closing the door behind Greg. " Andy, I'm gonna kill you!" the house was dark and quiet. " He's probably sleeping. I'm gonna make some pizza rolls" watching him go into the kitchen. " Andy, you here" walking into his room to see an empty unmade bed. " Andrew, this isn't funny" he's bathroom door is shut. I placed my ear on the door to hear no water running. " Andy" knocking on the bathroom door before opening it.

My heart stopped beating and dropped to the pit of my stomach " oh my god" there was Andy his body against the bathroom wall a band around his right arm with an empty needle close by. " Greg, Greg!" I screamed, tears running down my face. I fell to my knees hearing loud and quick footsteps coming from behind me " Regan what's the!" he froze. I sobbed loudly my best friend my older brother is dead " come here" wrapping his arms around me. Greg sat me on the couch " stay here, alright" he was talking on the phone but my brain couldn't comprehend what he was saying. Andy's blue face was imprinted in my brain my vision is blurry from all the tears. Greg pulled me back into his arms " they'll be here shortly, I'm here" shortly after the corner came. I heard my mom let out a blood curling scream as they took my brothers dead body outside on the gurney. " Regan, can you tell us what happen" i opened my mouth but nothing came out. " She's in shock" one of them said. " she found her brothers dead body. she's 15 you assholes!" Greg put a hand on mom's shoulder. " I'll tell you everything" I didn't talk for a week. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat after the funeral is when the nightmares came. It's the same scene every time it's when I found his body but he comes back alive . . .  demonic. 

Greg comes over when mom has to go to work so, I won't be by myself " she's in there" it looked like i was watching TV but i was zoned somewhere else. " Hey" the couch shifted. " Hi" I whispered. " Did you get any sleep?" I guess he saw the big dark circles under my bloodshot eyes. " Nightmares" I whispered. " The same one?" I nodded. He sighed " Regan, maybe you should talk to someone" I chuckled. " I'm talking to you aren't I" 

" No, I mean like a professional" I looked at him. " I'm not seeing a shrink Gregory!".

" You witnessed a traumatizing event that can mess with your head".

" You saw him too".

" Everyone responds differently to these kinds of things".

" Why isn't he haunting you, why don't you have nightmares. Maybe you didn't care".

" Of course I cared about him. Andy is a brother to me, why would you say such a thing?" tears ran down both of our faces.

" Was, past tense . . . The autopsy said that he had a large amount of cocaine in his system. Did you introduce that to him? I know you guys liked to party who do you think covered for him when he comes back home at 3 in the morning".

" No, Regan what the hell is wrong with you!" my lips trembled. " It's this town nothing good ever comes out of here. It's the curse!" Greg yelled, throwing everything off of the coffee table. I stood frozen in fear " I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" we held each other sobbing on each others shoulders. " I didn't mean those things Greg . . . I really miss him" Greg agreed. We cleaned up the mess " in my nightmare i find his body he comes alive his eyes are black, his face looks demonic. It sounds crazy but I'm not crazy. Is it her?" everyone knows about the witch Sarah Fier. She set a curse here a really long time ago she possesses a shadysider every 15 years or so and turns them into serial killers. " He didn't kill anyone. he did it to himself by accident. Do you believe in the curse?" Greg asked. " That curse is all that this shitty town talks about. You should leave while you have a chance" Greg shake his head. " No, I made a promise. A promise to Andy that if he's gone I'll keep an eye on you your my little sister too" mom walks into the room. " I brought pizza" we all sat down at the dining room table in silence. " How your guys day?" mom asked. " Fine, I guess" taking a bite of cheese pizza. " I talked to your dad today" I chuckled. " Why, to say he's sorry for our loss it's a little too late for that" he didn't even show up to his funeral. " He wants you to stay with him".