Chapter 15

" Will, can we talk alone?" Becky and Annie went their separate ways telling them that we'll see them at lunch

" Will, can we talk alone?" Becky and Annie went their separate ways telling them that we'll see them at lunch. " Let's go to my cabin it's quiet there" walking into a empty and messy cabin. " What about your roommates?" he closed the door shut, putting a chair under the door knob. So, nobody could get in. " They never come back in the morning only after lunch besides, I wanted some alone time with you. I think about you at night and get so hard" he kissed my temple down to my neck. I flinched every time he touched me his hands are dry and bulky it doesn't fit my hand like Regan does like a puzzle. His lips are crusty and rough like sandpaper not soft like Regans. " What's a matter?" noticing how uncomfortable I am. " I can't do this" I'm in a relationship. I didn't want to lead him on " What do you mean?. Don't you like me? I thought we're an item" I stepped away from him. " I do like you Will but only as a friend. Just a friend" he sat on his unmade bed. " What about last summer?" I sighed. " I was going through a lot of stuff. I felt alone and wanted to feel loved. I still care about you Will you're a good friend but this doesn't feel right anymore" he nodded sadly. " Can we still be friends?" I still care about him as a human being. " Yeah, we can still be friends".

Becky and Annie sat across from us all smiley and giggly " why, are you guys so smiley?" I asked. " We got the witches in trouble. One point for us" Becky and Annie high fived. " Witches?, you got Ziggy in trouble?" I hate that bitch from hell. " Sadly no, the new girl took the bait. Regan, I think is her name. We saw her take out the camp rabbits releasing them into the woods. So, we told Kurt" I was fuming but I had to remain calm. " Was Kurt pissed?" Will asked. " Oh, yeah basically dragged her to the mess hall by her hair. Regan for sure got a strike" Becky said proudly. " Why, would you do that? I said wait for Ziggy to start!" if she got a strike. " We thought you'll be happy it was the perfect opportunity. They're shadyside trash let alone the witch's friend. She deserved it" Annie defended. " You don't do anything to the new girl. We have nothing against her now Ziggy I don't give a fuck do whatever you want with her" will Regan be mad what if she never wants to talk to me again knowing that my friends ratted her out.

At lights out when the girls fell asleep I wondered the camp grounds looking for Regan where I found her sitting by the campfire reading a book " there you are. I've been looking for you thought maybe you stayed in your cabin" her eyes never left the book. " I've been here. I'm guessing that your friends were bragging about their latest conquest" she said calmly as she turned the page in her book. " They told me. I didn't know I wasn't with them. I let them know not to mess with you. . . Are you mad at me?" she shook her head. " No, you didn't know and they would have founded out anyway. I don't regret what I did" her eyes finally met mine and I felt relief. " Did you get in trouble?" she closed her book and I helped her up. " No, let me off with a warning since I'm new here. Kurt wasn't so happy that I got off punishment free. Cindy was some what understanding" the campfire made her skin glow. " Did Cindy see us last night" it hasn't left my head. " She didn't see anything thank god. Told her that we only talked cause of hearing her. She bought it we have to be more careful us together has to be a secret" I agreed. " I'm really good at keeping secrets and you are my favorite secret".

We went to our regular spot the hanging tree away from people where we're able to be affectionate to one another " I wanted you to come to camp so, we can spend time together but it's just like being at home. I want to spend time with you more than 2 hours" I said sadly she pulled me into a tight embrace. " I know my love it sucks. I wish we can be with each other all hours of the day. We're Romeo and Juliet in our story wish people can love who they want to love it's 1978 for fucks sake. Some day we won't have to hide anymore. I got you something close your eyes" I obeyed my heart fluttered when she touched my hand putting something cold on my wrist. " Okay, open" looking down to see a teal blue and purple with letters R and S with a heart in the middle. " R as in Regan and S as in Sheila?" I smiled. " No, S as in shithead" I playfully slapped her arm. " Your my shithead something to look at and think of me. I made it in arts & crafts today. Do you like it?" I wasn't even thinking it just came out. " I love you . . . I mean" she grabbed my cheeks putting her lips on mine. " I love you too shithead".