Chapter 20

*Y/N's POV*

Before Narmi arrived at the hotel, I received a call from Junho, informing me about something he found during the investigation of yesterday's incident.

He said, after tracing the caller's location, an old woman who was passing by the port witnessed a man and a woman arguing about something.

According to the lady, the man was being violent to the girl who seemed a lot younger than him.

That created a question in Junho's head. Asking further, he found out that there was a high possibility for the girl mentioned to be Naura's younger sister, Narmi.

But since he couldn't get his hands on something more specific, he did not want to risk the girl's life just to question whether she was involved with the culprit or not. Because whoever the old lady saw there, was not behaving decently toward the woman.

And so, all Junho could do was try to find more clues before midnight and give us as much protection as he could for now.

I talked to Yoongi about it as well and he said that he will have to think of a way to talk to Narmi.

Also, to our surprise, fate suddenly played in our favor as I walked onto Narmi that very morning.

I brought her to Yoongi's room, where I was staying for the time being, and chatted with her to make her feel comfortable around us.

I believed if she was helping the culprit in any way, she must have been tricked by them or was just being forced to.

Though talking to her more made me realize that she was just as innocent as a child.

Soon, Yoongi arrived and decided to ask her something.

Narmi got confused after hearing his request to help him find clues in the case but then, she spilled something accidentally.

"Isn't that Jung Suho? I thought it was him-"

She clasped her hands to cover her mouth as soon as she said that.

"Do you really believe it was Suho?" I asked, rather calmly, not ignoring how she believed that Suho was the culprit.

Did someone tell her that the culprit was Suho? How is she so convinced?

She turned to me but then looked down on her lap. "I... Don't know..." She muttered.

"I know," My reply made her look at me again. "I know that Suho did not do it."

"How do you know that he did not do anything?"

Yoongi decided to speak up this time. "People are accusing me as well. Do you also think I'm wrong?"

She shook her head confidently.

"How are you so sure that I did not do anything?"

She paused, falling deep into her thoughts.

"It's a matter of belief, you see?" I said to her.

"When people started doubting me, do you know who stood their ground and never stopped trusting me?"

I looked at Yoongi when he said that but found him already smiling at me.

My heart skipped quite a few beats.

I can never get used to this side of him...

*NARMI'S POV*

"When people started doubting me, do you know who stood their ground and never stopped trusting me?" Mr. SUGA asked me, but when I looked at him to ask back "Who?", I saw him smiling fondly at someone.