Chapter 7

The next day~

*JUNHO'S POV*

"WHAT?!!!" I stood up, slamming my hands on the desk, and yelling at the officer. "And they are telling us right now?!!?!"

I grumbled in frustration as I got to know that one of the hotel's staff went missing after the night of the crime and the hotel's manager was informing us about it two freaking days later.

I quickly left for the hotel to get more information about the staff who went missing.

We have been investigating the whole incident with the assumption that the wound we found on her head was the cause of her death.

However, after conducting numeral tests and analysis, the doctors stated that the wound on her head appeared about an hour before the victim died, leading us to the fact that our assumption was wrong.

The reason for her death was still unknown.

But then, if she died approximately at midnight and the wound was caused one hour prior; she must have been with Yoongi at that time.

How did she get the wound, then?

_

*YOONGI'S POV*

I was walking down the hallway when I spotted Junho with some other officers outside Naura's room.

I walked to them and greeted Junho.

"Any progress on the case?" I asked, hoping for any lead they might have found.

He nodded. "Come with me."

I followed him to move farther away from the officers.

We reached a corner when he stopped and continued, "I want to ask you some questions about that night."

I nodded, letting him proceed.

"While she was with you, did you see any wound on her forehead?".

I took a minute to recall and then answered. "I don't think so." I shook my head. "Nope."

"I see..." He bobbed his head as he went into his thought. "Then, did she get hurt somehow later?"

"She was totally fine when I last saw her." I responded.

He looked around as if he was checking the surrounding so that nobody hears our conversation, before asking another question.

"Now, tell me honestly... Why didn't you check up on Naura later? That's something completely out of your nature." He raised his eyebrow at me and I looked away.

I couldn't take Y/n's name there. It would have meant disrespecting her privacy– especially when she did not willingly go with me to my room.

Yes, she didn't exactly refuse to stay there when I took her to my room but she was still drunk at that time.

Basically, I do not want her to get unnecessarily involved in the case.

"I tried to look for Naura after a couple of minutes, in the direction she went, but she was nowhere to be seen."

It didn't tell him the the whole truth but I didn't lie to him. I remember not seeing Naura where I found Y/n that night.

"Which direction did she go?" Junho asked.

_

"Here?" Junho asked once I took him to the corridor on the 8th floor where I found Y/n that night.