Chapter 18

We went back to the hotel as Junho asked us to. After hearing what his instincts were pointing at, Yoongi got really worried for my safety.

He refused to leave my side even while walking down the hotel hallway where there were a good number of cops at almost every corner of the premise.

I was about to reach my room when Yoongi stopped me from moving forward.

"You're not staying in your room alone. Come to my room."

I turned at him, frowning in disbelief.

"Are you serious?!! If anyone gets a single hint about us living together in a room, it won't take long for us to trend in social media with the nastiest headlines to ever exist."

I breathed before adding. "We got lucky that no one saw you bringing me to your room that night."

He folded his hands against his chest. "If you think I'm letting you stay alone, you're wrong. Now, stop trying to convince me with that excuse."

Without letting me speak my side, he entered his room, dragging me along with him.

"We cannot stay together, Yoongi." I stated as soon as he closed the door.

"I know." He breathed out which caught me in a puzzle.

"I know that words spread out very easily these days. But if it's about you... If it is your life that is at stake... I am ready to take the risk."

His eyes showed nothing but his genuine feelings while he said that. His sincerity was all over his face.

"If you are worried about my future... It has always been where our fans, ARMYs were. So, I'm sure they will understand and support us." He smiled.

"You trust your fans that much?"

He nodded. "They are quite amazing, to be honest."

I smiled back.

They sure are... Because the Yoongi I'm seeing today is more confident about his life and himself. Thanks to his members and his fans who love him so much...

"I'll have to go to my room though. All my belongings are in there." I said.

"I'll get them later."

"No, no, you don't have to... I'll go and bring them here, just gimme a few minutes." I lied.

I was actually planning to escape by throwing this excuse at him, pretty confident he would buy it for sure.

I saw some people looking at us weirdly when we were coming here.

If I stay in his room with him, things might go really bad.

"I'm not gonna fall for that."

What..

"I'll just go and come with the speed of a bullet train." I awkwardly laughed while getting ready to make a run any second now.

He snickered. "Alright then, I'll come with you."

He can't be serious.

"I can do it by myself..." I quickly started stepping towards the door but he was so fast to catch up to me that he reached the door before I could.

"Where do you think you're going?" He raised his eyebrow as a nervous laugh left my mouth yet again.

Fuck.