Chapter 45: Neveah Meets Game Night

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah was sitting on the across from her mother, while Jake sat next to their mother. It's family game night but with a little twist from the girls. Neveah was secretly texting Farkle and Lucas, Riley wanted them to join their family night, to which she said was a bad idea but who was gonna tell the bubbly girl no?

"Family game night. My family night of the month," Cory threw his arms up with excitement, Carmen and Topanga turned to look at each other and shook their heads at the childish adult. "Me, my family," He motioned towards everyone at the table. "And my jammy pammys." He lifted his leg up to show off his grey pajama pants. 

"Why do you guys have to make such a big deal with game night?" Riley walked over from the couch and sat next to Neveah who raised her hand dramatically. 

"Wait, wait, wait, I got this." She placed her phone down and looked over to her Godfather and gasp dramatically. "Is it because your two daughters are growing up, so you need to get as many family game nights before we get tired of you guys?"

The three adults chuckled at the girl's sarcasm, "That's part of the reason, Neveah, but you're never gonna get tired of us." Neveah shrugged her shoulders and tossed her curly hair over her shoulder and flipped her wrist. "But also because game night is sacred. I know this is gonna come as a huge shocker to you three, but it's gonna come a day when you start to prioritize friends over your family."

Neveah glanced at Riley then shook their heads at their parents. "What? No." Carmen and Topanga playfully narrowed their eyes at their daughters. 

"Did you tell them yet? Did he freak? Did they freak? Freak out for me." Maya barged into the apartment -which is never locked for some reason- and walked over to the group at the table. 

"Why would I freak out? I don't freak out." Cory assured his wife and other best friend. "What did you two do?" 

"Hey, why can't it just be Riley who did something? Or even Jake." Neveah pointed at her brother who was sitting quietly, watching the dance competition videos since their competition is coming up soon. 

Jake looked up in confusion, "Huh?"

Cory pointed at the boy, "That's why." Jake looked at Carmen still confused, but the woman just shook her head and motioned back to his phone letting him know to not worry. 

"Family game night, now with extra family." Auggie entered with the 'oh so handsomely' Joshua Matthews. 

"Now the fun has started." Neveah mumbled under her breath as she watched her blonde friend quickly snapped her neck to the youngest Matthew brother, twirling her hair.