Chapter 1: Neveah Meets World

Author's Note: (Gifs in the beginning of the chapter has nothing to do with the book.) Enjoy! ^^

"Why do we need to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?" Riley innocently asked her two best friends as the three girls sat on the bay window

"You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?" Maya raised an eyebrow at the brunette as the brown skinned girl waited for the answer.

"I think I'm ready," Riley said with fake confidence.

"Let us see your face as you walk by your parents then?" Neveah spoke as she crossed her arms. Riley turned to her best friends and gave them a weird facial expression, Neveah looked in worry.

"Why are you making that face at us Riley?" Maya pretended to be Riley's father.

"Because I'm sneaking out to the subway," Riley pointed to the window. "Out the window."

"Let's go." Maya and Neveah spoke in unison before the three climbed out the window.

"Daddy! What are you doing out here?" Riley asked as they bumped into Corey Matthews.

"Being smarter than me; how come you're always smarter than me?" Maya spoke this time as the three girls climbed back into Riley's room.

"Here's what I'm thinking." Corey said as the three girls sat on Riley's bed. "It's not your world yet. It's still my world. Maya and Neveah would have you on the subway already, thinking you put something over on me. But you didn't. Know how I know? Look at you. You're right here."

Riley looked at her father in defeat. "How long do I have to live in my father's world?"

"Until you make it yours. Riley, do you know what I want more than anything? Go ahead. Make it yours." Corey smiled at his daughter, Neveah smiled as well. It was nice seeing her Godfather still preparing her best friend for the real world, she wished she had a father to have the same experience.

"I will. And when I do, will you still be there for me?"

"Right here." The three turned their heads to see Topanga Matthews, Riley's mother standing by her bedroom door. Topanga walked over and wrapped her arm around Corey's. "We'll be right here."