Chapter 30: Neveah Meets Jake's Father

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"You're finally out the hospital! Yay!" Jake giggled as Lucas entered the room, he walked deeper into the room and sat on the bed Jake was resting on.

"Yeah, but I'm still on mandatory rest which sucks." Jake rolled his eyes with a slight pout on his lips. "Especially since our dance competition is coming soon."

"Aww I'm sure you'll heal before then, when's the competition again?" Lucas asked laying on his side to face the Latino.

"Four weeks." Jake deadpanned, Lucas' eyes widen.

"Oh shit."

Jake scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Oh shit is right, I know I can't participate it with this," He raised his left arm that had a cast. "on. Not to mention the black eye and cuts on my face."

Lucas reached his hand up as he softly grazed Jake's face, the latter blush from the contact. "At least your cheek swelled down and your eye's gotten better."

"Yeah it doesn't help the fact that I still have a broken arm and bruised ribs, thanks to my father." Lucas frowned at the mention of the boy's father, he still wasn't over him for hurting the boy he like.

"Why we're on the topic of your father," Lucas cleared his throat and sat up. "Do you know if he'll sign the papers? So Mr. Hunter can adopt you?"

"No." Jake stated bluntly with no hesitation, but it was the truth. His father wouldn't sign the papers at all, he'll just deny everything they'd ask him before signing the papers. "My father would rather drop dead than sign those papers giving up the only thing to relief his anger."

"That can be arranged," Lucas said shrugging his shoulders, tilting his head Jake raised a brow. "I'm joking...kind of." Jake snorted rolling his eyes as he shuffled down to lay his head against Lucas' shoulder. "But come on I'm pretty sure Mrs. Matthews and Mr. Hunter will come up with something to get you out of that house." Jake tilted his head up to look at Lucas who was already looking at him. "I don't want to see you hurt again." Jake's heart fluttered at the look Lucas was giving him.

"Yeah," Jake spoke up softly as Lucas nodded his head leaning down slightly. "I hope so too."

The two slowly started leaning in, Jake's heart began beating rapidly as he realized what was happening at the moment.

"Is this okay for you?" Lucas asked as their lips grazed each other, Jake exhaled slightly as his eyes reached Lucas' he hummed in agreement.

Lucas hand cupped under Jake's chin gently and tilted his head as he went to connect their li-

"Hey buddy- Oh!" Lucas and Jake quickly pulled apart too see Shawn standing at the door with a shock look. "Um, did I interrupt something kid?"

"No! I mean no, you didn't..um," Jake looked at Lucas quickly before looking back at the older male. "Lucas was just- trying to get something out my eye." He lamely lied.