Chapter 26: Neveah Meets 1961

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Here ya go mamas," Carmen said as she placed a medium sized box onto Neveah's bed. "I had to really search deep in the storage closet. I couldn't find the smaller box, but I found this one." Carmen patted the box and sat down on the edge of the bed.

Neveah gave her mother a bright smile as she crawled towards the box. "Thanks mom." Carmen just smiled and patted Neveah's arm gently.

"No problem sweetie, well I'm gonna start making dinner. Let me know what you find in the box, I haven't really take a look in it since she past." Carmen held a small smile this time before she walked out of the room.

Neveah watched her mom leave her room and gently shut her door. A sigh escaped her mouth before she rubbed her hands together. "Alright, let's see what's in here. Hopefully my great-grandmother was interesting in the past.

Neveah carefully opened the box, a soft smile appeared on her face when she saw a picture of a little girl with bows in her hair. There was interesting things in there; a vote for John F. Kennedy pin, The Marvelettes album, a doctor's degree, play jewelry, picture of kids, two wedding rings, and a wedding picture.

"Huh, it's normal stuff in here...guess my great-grandmother wasn't as interesting as I thought," Neveah said with disappointment in her voice, she moved the things around some more until she noticed a used notebook at the bottom. "Wait I wonder what this is."

She picked up the notebook carefully as it looked like it went through a lot, she opened it slowly to the first page.

"December 17, 1961." She read out loud. "I decided to begin writing as a dear friend of mine said it helps remember for the future. I don't really have anything to remember of this day, but a couple nights ago I met these four amazing people at this club called 'Café Hey'. A beautiful blonde with an entrancing voice, a bubbly brunette who actually gave me this idea to write on my own, a dark haired cowboy with a deep Texan accent, and a handsome brown haired man with glasses."