Chapter 5: Neveah Meets Boy

Maya, Riley, and Neveah are standing near the lockers, Lucas then walks past the three and went to go sit by the stairs

The bell rings. "How about you go talk to him," Maya suggested to the tall brunette.

It's been a week that has past since the girls been in school, and it's been quite good. Lucas has finally warmed up to Riley and decided to give her his number (after asking Neveah for hers). He got to know the girl even more and realize that she isn't bad to talk to, he might've developed a very tiny crush on the girl despite the one he already has on Neveah.

"Why? We have a great text relationship," Riley stated casual as she continued texting the boy they were talking about.

"Riles wanna know what's better than a text relationship?" Neveah fixed her hair that was in a ponytail, Riley looked up in interest as to what her bestie had to say. "What?"

"Talking to him," Maya shows Riley's and Lucas's texts that was on her phone. "He's right over there."

"Literally. Right there." Neveah added as she pointed to where the boy was.

Riley whined. "Nooooo! Too complicated over there. Lots can go wrong over there. The only thing that can go wrong over here is if I go over there." Neveah and Maya points Riley in Lucas's direction, and she walks over.

Neveah watched her friend stand behind the blond boy while he was distracted on his phone. Riley attempted to say 'hi' twice and 'hello', but only mouths it. She turned with a face as she looks over to her best friends, Maya and Neveah mouths 'talk to him'. Neveah eyes widen as she looks in horror, she watched as Riley leaned over and sniffs Lucas' neck. After that she walked back to the two girls by the lockers.

"How'd I do?" Riley questioned as she thought she did good.

"You sniffed his neck," Maya nodded as she answered her question.

"Yup," Riley said as if she was proud.

"You smelled the boy...I-" Neveah cut herself off by placing a smile on her face, 'she's your best friend Vae, she's your best friend' the girl thought in her head.

"I walk through life, the way I walk through life." Riley simply told them and walked to class.