Chapter 40: Neveah Meets Brother

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Come on Auggie. Just pick a babysitter." Cory looked at his son with a pleading expression.

"Why do you have to go anywhere? Aren't you happy with me?" Auggie asked instead with puppy dog eyes.

Topanga awed before snapping out of it. "Really? Knock it off. It's our anniversary." She said motioning between her and her husband.

"All right. I'll give ya three hours. And bring me back an Auggie bag." Auggie negotiated while pointing at Cory.

"Okay, deal." Cory nodded and clapped his hands. "All right. So how about Shelly from down the street?" He suggested with a smile.

Auggie made a face. "Smelly Shelly?"

Topanga scrunched up her nose in agreement. "He's right. How about Anna Stephonopoli?"

"'Wanna play monopoly?' No, Anna, I don't. Okay? I don't." Auggie disagreed as he looked back and forth at Cory and Topanga. The couple looked at each other and sighed.

Soon enough, Riley and Maya entered the apartment. "I'm late, I'm late, I know I'm late!" Riley said as she walked to her family.

Cory looked down at his watch. "Seven minutes."

Maya quickly grabbed Riley's arm. "Say nothing. Keep walking." She said trying to drag the brunette away.

Riley pulled away from her. "No. This is a thing. Deal with your bad girl." She said waving her finger in the air.

Topanga looked at her daughter in confusion but went along with it. "Okay, where were you?" She said in a 'stern' tone.

"Demolition. It's an alternative store. Where rebels go! And I bought this t-shirt I don't think you'll entirely approve of. Bleh!" Auggie stared at his sister in boredom, he wished Neveah was there so that they can bake cookies again and send some to his lady friend.

Cory turned to Topanga as he didn't know what to say to his daughter. Topanga nodded her head slightly, still in confusion. "Edgy."

Cory shook his head and shifted to face his daughter. "Uh, Riley what's going on?"

Riley shoved the shirt back into the bag and stormed over to the dining area. "I am too old for a seven o'clock curfew." She put the bag down and pulled out pom-poms. "I reject! Reject it! Reject it! Won't even respect it!"

Topanga smiled through the pain and sympathy towards her daughter. "Didn't make the team again, huh?"

Riley smiled sadly as she cheered out, "No!"

Her parents shook their heads. "Every year." Cory stated, he wondered if he had to speak to Neveah who is the captain of the team.

Topanga sighed and stood up as Riley put the pom-poms away. "Okay, look, Riley, your father and I gave you 7:00 curfew because we knew that even when you got all rebellious you'd still be home by 7:30."