bonus

May 20 2022

Walking in the busy streets of New York with two kids is not an easy thing, and it's even harder with two overexcited 3 years old. And because of my five-month pregnant belly, I cannot keep up with their excitation and run behind them. They keep tugging on my sleeves to ask questions about tonight, while I try to hold their hand to not lose them in the crowd.

"Is there gonna be a lot of people?"

"Where are we gonna sit? Can we sit?"

"I'm scared mummy."

"One question at a time girls, yes I believe there is going to be a lot of people. We are going to a big arena tonight. We should be proud of daddy for selling so many tickets! Aren't we proud?"

They both nod excitedly. "And you don't have to be scared little love," I caress Aimée's cheek and kiss her on her head.

Our daughter might be twins, but that doesn't mean that they are the same everywhere. Grace is closer to Harry, and Aimée to me. In their personality, they are quite the opposite. Grace is adventurous, she's rarely scared and she loves to play the piano with her dad. However, Aimée is most of the time by my side, baking with me and drawing. She's also scared very fast and refuses to do adventurous things. Grace is a mini Harry in the female version, while Aimée is a mini-me.

Grace is walking a little bit ahead of me, humming a song under her breath, jumping for leg to leg. She turns around the corner, which leaves her out of my sight. I run after her, trying not to drag Aimée behind me. When I see her again, she starts running with her arms up in the air, over her head. Harry picks her up and spins her in the air. "Daddy!" She erupts in giggles and wraps her arms around his neck, nudging her head in the crook of his neck. He pouts at me, to show me how adorable he thinks this is.

"Hello there pretty boy," I kiss him, my hands finding its place on his jaw. 

"Hello darling, I've missed you. Hi there little love!" He kisses his hand and puts it on my belly.

Harry kneels at Aimée's height and opens his arms for her to throw herself into. She lets go of my hand and goes to hug Harry.

He gets up, a girl on each hip. He's been carrying them like this for years, I thought he would have stopped because now they're not babies anymore but he continues. It's a special thing for the three of them, it's their moment. I think this is the king of memories he wants our girls to have when they grow up, their dad carrying them each on a hip.

"How was soundcheck?" We walk alongside on the sidewalk, he tries to let go of the girl but they hang on to him. "C'mon little monkeys, we'll do a big hug when we get to the flat ok?" The argument is enough to convince the girls, and they slip out of his arms to get back on the floor.

Harry and I walk hand in hand, our daughters running around happily in front of us. Grace turns around and sees Harry and I hold hands. Her eyes widen and a grin takes place on her lips. She grabs Aimée and whispers in her ear. A second later, they're holding hands, looking back at us to see if we are seeing them copying us. "Can you believe how cute they are?" I say, looking at Harry.

"It's because they're ours. They're the cutest little girls ever."

Harry has a smug smile all over his face. I frown and laugh. "Why are you smiling like that?"

"I'm happy. I'm so glad that I have you, our little girls, and our baby boy. You gave me what I always wanted, darling." His words make my heart melt. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. I'm used to kissing him now, but every time it's the same feeling: butterflies erupting in my stomach, tingles, goosebumps, all created by his soft lips against my strawberry lips.