sixteen

Violet's POV

19 weeks pregnant

Watching the sonogram I just received, I take my phone and send a picture of it to Harry. I really miss him but he's coming home tomorrow. I can't wait to see him even if I'm scared of the conversation we'll have. I need to ask him about us but I don't want to scare him. When I arrive in front of the huge gate, I type the code in and walk to the door. Once I'm inside I feel the coldness of the house in my face. It feels great to be finally at a normal temperature. I can't believe that outside it's 86 degrees, we're in London not Los Angeles!

I look at the pool through the French doors, maybe I could go in? It's only 5 pm and it would cool me down for sure. Plus nobody's here so everything will be quiet and I'll have all the time I need to read and get tan. I get up from the couch and climb the stairs to my room. I search in my drawers and take a simple black swimsuit. I also make a mental note to buy more of them, I don't have that many because Millie threw most of mine away when I moved out. I take the book that was on my nightstand and my sunglasses. I stop in my bathroom to put a layer of sunscreen all over my body and face. I don't want to look like a big burnt tomato when I'll see Harry. Then I go downstairs and open the French doors and feel the heat hit me in the face.

I sit on the floor and let my body temperature get used to the 'cold' water. I look at my toenails, I should put some nail polish on them. A new thing that I need to add to my to do list. I close my eyes and tilt my head backwards. When my body temperature is a little used to the water's temperature, I go down the stairs of the pool and dive in. I go back to the surface and feel a shadow blocking the sun from my face. I rub my eyes and open them only to see Harry standing in front of me.

"Surprise!" He says with a big smile, opening his arms to me.

"Oh my god what are you doing here! I thought you were supposed to come back the 16th weren't you?" I get out of the water and run into his arms, soaking his shirt.

"I just told you that I was coming home tomorrow so that I could surprise you today!" He looks at his shirt. His tattoos are peeking through his white soaked shirt. I try to avoid staring at them, failing.

"I'm so happy, I've missed you!" I let that last sentence slip out of my mouth and instantly cover it with my hand.

"I can see that! I'm just going to get changed and I'll come in the water." He runs to his room and I get back in the pool. I swim a little and go underwater as much as I can. In another life, I think I was a fish or an animal of the sea honestly. Harry comes back with his swim short on and jump in the water right next to me. Water splashes everywhere around the pool, wetting my book and my towel. It's not like I'll need a towel anyways, I don't think I'll be cold when I'll go out of the water.

I take a deep breath and decide to ask him now. The sooner the better right?

"Harry, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?" He get out of the water and sit on the edge of the pool.

"What happened in New York night 2, what does that make us?" I play nervously with my fingers, scratching my skin at the corner of my thumb.

His smile intensifies, he scratches the back of his neck and comes back next to me in the water. "Violet Basset, will you be my girlfriend?"

I step back, very surprised of his question. "What? No-- I mean- yes, yeah!"

The next thing I know, his lips are against mine. Our kiss is slow and soft, perfect. We pull back and look at each other.

"You're so beautiful." He says quietly, putting a hair piece behind my ear. I can already feel myself blushing, I try to cover my face but Harry takes my hands and puts them in his.