five

When I wake up, my eyes are sore and puffy. I might have cried a whole ocean last night. I didn't even know that there was this much water in the human body. I blame the hormones for my breakdown last night but I know it isn't true. I don't feel like getting out of bed, I have a pounding headache and i'm exhausted. I call in sick at work today so that I can go to my appointment and then get some rest after last night.

Millie appears from her bedroom. I make us two cup of tea. She yawns and hugs me. "How are you?" she asks.

"I'm okay. Will you come with me to the appointment? I know he won't be here." I take a hoodie that is on the couch a throw it on. Our place is a mess.

Her face softens and she takes my hand in hers. "I'm so sorry I can't. I have a photoshoot I can't postpone it or miss it... Please don't be mad at me. I'll make it up to you I promise." She pleads.

I wave it off with my hand. Today is the day that I don't want to be alone but no one can be with me, and this hurts. "It's okay, I'm going to go get dressed." I go to my room, get dressed in record time and take my purse. I watch the time on my phone: 8:15.

"Well I should go I don't want to be late. Have a good day Mills" I say heading out. I don't have time to hear her answer that I have already closed the door. I look at my messages again but no, there was no message from Harry. I can't deny that it hurts me that he decides to play dead.

****

When I arrive at the hospital, I go straight to the receptionist.

"Hello, I have an appointment at the name Violet Basset."

"Hello, the doctor will be ready for you in a minute, meanwhile you can wait just here," she says pointing me to a chair.

I look around me. Some girls' belly isn't showing and other looks like they are about to pop out at any second. I sit back in my chair and close my eyes, letting the sun on my face. A shadow stops in front of me, blocking the sun. I look up to see the person who is apparently not moving from its spot.

Harry.

"You came," I whisper.

"Yeah, sorry about yesterday I know I was an ass. I should have talked to you instead of staying silent." He sits next to me.

I smile. His presence has the effect of an anti stress. I feel so much lighter now. "It's okay."

"I want you to know that I want to be invested, I want to get to know you and to see my child." He adds softly.

I feel water dripping from my eyes. When he notices it, the look in his eyes changes from happy to nervous. He put his hand on mine.

"Are you okay ?" he asks worryingly.

"Yeah, it's just the hormones. I'm really glad you're here. I was so scared of doing this alone." I admit.

"It's okay you're not alone. I'm here." He says hugging me. His scent is comforting, smells like a mix of vanilla, tobacco, and freshly cut flowers.

As I was getting comfortable in Harry's arms, I hear the doctor calling my name. I wipe the tears under my eyes and enter the room, trying to put on a smile. My emotions are truly all over the place.

"Hi Violet, I'm Doctor Trisha I'll follow you until we get to deliver this baby!"

I nod and smile at her. She is a lady in her 50's who has a lovely smile. Her hair is in a slick low bun, and she has little flowers in her hair. She seems nice.

"Please get on the chair and bring up your shirt so that I can see how the baby is doing inside," she says while washing her hands.

"Careful this might feel cold !" she put a gel all over my belly and starts her computer.