ten

14 weeks pregnant

"You should throw some of your clothes away. This shirt for example, it's horrible and I know you'll never wear it again!" Millie takes a white t-shirt with big red letters saying 'But daddy I love him'.

I take back the shirt from her hands. "Hey! I like this shirt, it's comfortable." I throw it in one of the boxes labeled 'Clothes'. I am surrounded by a lot of them, filled up with clothes, souvenirs, makeup, jewelry.. I even took some of my furniture to put in my room and make it feel like home.

Today I have an appointment with my doctor, at the last one we were supposed to know the gender of the babies but apparently they were in a bad position so we couldn't tell. Harry was extremely disappointed. He really wanted to be here to know the gender but he had to go back to his tour. Normally today is the day, but we'll see. I'm excited to know but I bet harry is ten times more than me. He has been talking about the gender non stop.

"So, are you excited to know the gender?" Millie tapes a box, a pen between her teeth. She takes the pen and writes 'clothes' once again on the box.

"Yeah, Harry is sure it's two girls. I think it's a girl and a boy." I sit on my bed.

"How are you going to tell him?"

"I think I'm going to fly out to one of his concert and surprise him, I have his manager's phone number." Harry gave me Jeffrey's number when I had my accident, so that I could call him anytime if there is something wrong and I can't reach Harry. Jeffrey and his friends know about the babies but I've never met them. Harry just told me that he had talked about it with them and that as soon as the tour is over, they want me meet me.

"Ooh, I like that! When will you be going?" She sits, crossed legged on the bed.

"June 21st, he have a show in New York and my sister is there, it'll be a good way to surprise him and her." I'm put tape on a box to close it. I take a look at my watch, realizing it's time to go.

"I got to go, I'm going to be late for my appointment, see you tonight." I take my purse and almost run to the subway.

****

When I arrive at the hospital, as I pass the door I hear my name being called. I walk as fast as I can to my doctor's door.

"Miss Basset, how have you been feeling?" She looks next to me. "No father here today?"

"No he couldn't be here unfortunately. I've been great, very excited to know the gender!" I say trying to hold my excitement. I am smiling so big right now that I'm sure Doctor Trisha can see the back of my throat.

I position myself on the table and roll up my tee shirt. The doctor put the clear gel on my belly and search the babies. I look at the screen attentively. The doctor presses a button and now I can hear their little heartbeat. She turns her head to me, smiling.

"What?"

"Good news, we can know the gender today!"

I put my hands over my mouth. "Really? What is it then?" One boy and one girl, one boy and one girl, one boy and one girl...

"Congratulations, you're having two girls!" Shit, Harry was right.

It takes me two seconds to realize, when I do I feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I put my hands over my mouth, letting out some sobs. Happy tears. "Really? Damn it he was right!"

"Should I do two copies of the sonogram?" She asks, I just notice that my hand is in hers. I nod as I put my sweater back on.

****

Right after my appointment, I head to work. The place is calm today, there aren't many clients which give me time to talk with Delilah, my colleague. I show her the sonogram.

"Look at these cuties! I can already tell these precious things are going to be gorgeous!" She takes a closer look at the sonogram, approaching it from her eyes.

I brush off her comment with my hand and roll my eyes.

"I mean have you seen the genes your girls have? Their mother is so fucking hot and their father is a God. And both of their parents have an amazing sense of fashion. I bet you they'll have Harry's eyes I can feel it! Little girls with green eyes... Can I be jealous of your unborn babies?" Delilah leans on the counter burying her head in her hands and laughing.

When we are at work we cautiously avoid mentioning Harry's name, we always say 'him' 'baby daddy' 'the guy'.

"No you can't, there is nothing to be jealous of, and I am not fucking hot." I point my finger at her. "Oh by the way, I'm moving in with him this week." I sip my tea, waiting for her reaction.

Delilah almost choked on her tea. I par her on the back, struggling to stop laughing. "You sneaky little thing! How come I only know about this now? You guys might get together, who knows..." She winks at me. I can't tell her that I thought about it, she would freak out.

"We won't." I get up from my chair and walk to the customer who just entered the shop.

****

I tape the last box. It's 1:45 a.m but I couldn't sleep, so I may as well be productive. The only thing left in my room is my bed. I don't even have my night table or a lamp. Everything is packed up. My phone rings and I smile when I see the caller ID. I accept the face time and Harry's face appears.

"Hello!" My voice is raspy, I haven't drunk a lot of water since quite a long time.

"Did I wake you?" He takes a pause. "Of course I did. I'm so sorry I forgot about time difference!" He says worryingly, sighing.

"No you didn't, I wasn't sleeping. What time is it in Houston?"

"It's 7:45 p.m here, I'm going on stage in fifteen minute."

"Then go get ready you big rockstar!" I joke.

He turns the camera to the other side and shows me his suit in the mirror. " I am ready! Just wanted to call you before it's too late!"

We talk about diverse things until Harry asks me the question.

"So, did the doctor say anything about the gender of the babies?" Harry is all smiling.

"No, apparently they were not in a good position to see again." I lie to him.

He pouts, visibly disappointed. "Oh, that's weird. My mom told me that we were supposed to know by now. Are you sure nothing is wrong?"

"No nothing's wrong don't worry. Oh and by the way I got a message from your mom she asked me if I needed anything, it was really cute and thoughtful." I think about my conversation with Anne, she is a sweet woman that I really like.

"She didn't tell me that she sent you a message!" He clears his throat and put his hands over his face, mumbling "I can't wait to know."

Internally I'm burning to tell him. 'I can't wait to see your face when I'll surprise you'

"Violet?" Harry moves his hands on the screen.

"Sorry, you were saying?"

"I need to get up on stage, I'll call you tomorrow!"

"Okay have a great show! "

"Thank you, I'll think about you when I'll perform Sign of the times! Bye love."

I hung up, silence filling the room. I miss him, a lot. I've really grown attached to this man is suck a short period of time. I take my earphones and put some of Harry's music. I play meet me in the hallway and go back to bed. As Harry's delicate voice rachel's in my ears, I close my eyes as I feel myself slowly falling asleep.