You Get Jealous

🍕Sam🍕
You were looking for items to forage in Cindersap forest when you stumbled upon Penny doing an outdoor class with Jas and Vincent. She asked you to do a sort of mini lecture about farming, and everything was going well, until Vincent brought up a question about eating vegetables. "Farmer ___? If I eat your vegetables will I grow up to be big and strong like my big brother Sam?" Your heart swelled, you loved how much Vincent looked up to his big brother. Before you could answer him, Vincent kept speaking, "I saw him lift Miss Penny completely off the ground yesterday and lift her into a tree!" Your heart felt like it had stopped for a moment. Penny's face flushed, "Vincent don't gossip!" She glanced your way before looking back at the kids. You still hadn't moved, "Why don't you two go play ok? Just stay in my sight and sound" Jas and Vincent eagerly agreed and went off to play. Penny tried to break the awkward silence by asking about your farm. Neither of you really addressing the elephant in the room. For Penny because she didn't want to ruin the friendship the two of you had, for you it was because you didn't want to even think of that possibility of Penny and Sam.

You had been in a foggy state of mind since that scene in the forest. You've just been sitting by the river bank in town fishing for hours. Mind solely focused on reeling in the fish and any treasure you pulled up. You didn't even notice Sam calling out for you. It wasn't until he sat next to you and splashed some water on you that you noticed him. "Huh?" "I've been calling to you for a while, are you ok? Have you gone deaf!?" Usually his antics would make you smile, but you just couldn't find it in you today. You just shook your head and refocused on your fishing, "I'm ok" This didn't sit well with Sam. "___?" He asked again, turning your face towards him gently with one hand, "Whats going on? You're acting kinda strange?" You took a deep breath, you knew you needed to confront him about this, even if it ended badly. "I saw Penny today with Vincent and Jas. Did a sort of lecture on farming. You know Vincent wants to be big and strong like you? He saw you easily lift up Penny into a tree..." you couldn't go on, your voice wouldn't let you. What if Sam did have feelings for Penny? They've known each other a lot longer than you and Sam had, it wouldn't be totally out of the blue. You were pulled out of your dreary thoughts by Sam when he kissed your cheek, "Are you jealous ___?" He smiled, but you looked away, "Yes..." Your response was meek and quiet. Very unlike you. The teasing smile on Sam's face quickly vanished, "Honey the wind blew away a paper Penny was using into the tree, I just offered her a lift up so she could get it. I swear that's all it was" he gently stroked your cheek with his thumb. You finally managed to look him in the eyes, you could see the sincerity there, "Ok...I'm sorry for suspecting something like that" "It's alright, I understand why you did, but you're the only one for me!" He pulled you into a tight hug as you laughed, even if you almost lost your fishing pole.

🏈Alex🏈
You had found a few gems and artifacts in the mines you hadn't donated to the museum yet, so you were making your way there after finishing up your farm chores. As you passed the entrance to the beach, you could see Haley talking to Alex up ahead at the ice cream stand he worked at in the Summer. Your steps came to a halt and you felt like someone was squeezing your heart. Of course you understood that they were best friends, but you also knew for a fact that Alex used to have a crush on her. Haley was also gorgeous, her clothes and hair always perfect, while you generally had mud or paint or some other drawing medium on your clothes. None of your originally all white clothes were all white anymore. Inside, you hated how you felt, you hated feeling jealous of Haley.

"Hey ___!" Haley and Alex both waved you over. You forced on a smile and walked over to join them. "How's it going ___? Looks the all that farmwork is giving you a nice tan!" Haley commented. Even her teeth were perfect! You looked down at your feet, "Y-yea"

Throughout the rest of the conversation, all of your contributions were quiet, and you never really met either of their eyes. You were finally able to get away and holster yourself away in the library until it was closing time.