## 34

From above, you could hear it. The sound of the train tracks and hastened feet tapping like clams reveberated in the subway. She inhaled and exhaled, nervous as if she were entering a dragon's nest.

Ryuha clutched the boquet to her chest, the boquet that forcibly drove her crazy. The mystery of it all, from the start of the day 'til this very moment. She couldn't turn back.

Slowly, as to not be overwhelmed, she went down the steps of the subway.

"Hello!" A young girl smiling from ear-to-ear leaped in front of her. Ryuha smiled back. The young girl held her hand, bidding her to come with her to who-knows-where. Ryuha's steps matched with the girl's little ones.

Finally, they arrived at the train station.

The girl ran off pressumably to her mother. And here was Ryuha, standing before a man who had nothing but a yearning heart. A heart that yearned for no one but her.

"You came just in time."

Sunghoon said as she stepped forward in front of him. Still, she couldn't understand what was going on. But the confusion was simply a thought at the back of her mind now that he was in front of her.

"To start of," He heaved a sigh, "I'm sorry. For being a bit..."

"A bit?"

"A lot. For being a lot to take in these past days. I just wasn't really in the right mind. I was a mess, all over the place. Difficult to understand. I'm sorry."

She nodded.

"But you owe me an apology too?" He said which she knitted her eyebrows at.

"What did I do?"

"For pestering me with egoistic remarks. For putting me in a bind more than I can even count. For lessening my life span due to excessive stress levels. For making me-"

She covered her ears and looked at the ground. He smirked at her appearance, seeing her look like himself a few weeks back.

"And," he lifted her face with his fingers, "for making me feel disturbingly euphoric. For bringing out my real self from the deepest pits of my soul. For driving me insane."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. The intimate distance between them made her momentarily freeze to stare into his deep, genuine eyes. He was mesmerized by her. Everything about her.

"You should apologize for declaring that I liked you. When I didn't. When I don't" He leaned forward beside her ear, "because I care for you. I adore you. I..."

The train beside them screeched, forcing it to halt. The doors opened and people started stepping out.

"I love you."

He whispered as a mob of people rushed past the two standing at the center of the train station. He planted a kiss on her forehead as they both stood still whilst the world kept moving forward.

"I know you love me." She whispered back. Sunghoon chuckled in disbelief. But he loved her, nonetheless. They put their foreheads against each other as if love was transmitted that way. Their noses touched and he wanted to peck her lips. But she stopped him.

She teased. He sulked. They laughed. They smiled. And most of all, they're willing to love for the rest of their lives.