## 9

He looked like one.

Ryuha would come in to the classroom, place her bag on the floor and that was it. That was her morning routine. Sunghoon would grab her bag on the floor, hang it on his chair's backrest and put the book for the day's first subject inside.

"You look like a servant."

Minji wasn't pitying him. She was just amazed at how Sunghoon suddenly evolved from that madman that could ambush Ryuha anytime to her ever so responsible butler. Worse, he looked like an actual caring boyfriend.

Time flew by and it was break time. The kids either did their errands or used this time to really take a break from their desks.

"Sunghoon," Ryuha called in a sweet tone, "Miss Bong asked Minji and I to take the books to her room."

"Okay."

The books were rested on the teacher's table at front, waiting for their escorts to take them to their owner. Sunghoon went and grabbed as much as he could and looked at Minji who was dumbfounded.

"Minji."

Sunghoon called out and she was out of her daze. She went over to where he was at and looked at Ryuha who had her head grooving to whatever music her earphones blasted.

"You know," Minji said as they left the classroom, "you really look like you're giving in to her."

"Who?"

"Who? Ryuha duh."

"Is it bad?"

"Umm, yeah?"

Sudden changes weren't always good. But that's not what Minji was trying to say. The way he did things for her without the slightest complaint makes him look like he's literally being used. And to Minji, even if she was Ryuha's friend, it looked awful.

"What am I supposed to do then?" Sunghoon asked.

"Regain that fighting spirit you lost for some reason."

"You know I can't argue with her."

"You've given up?"

"No. I've chosen to conserve my saliva and energy."

Hideous, she thought.

"Stop acting like this, Sunghoon. It'll be bad for you and for her as well. She's gonna look like a control freak and you're gonna be mistaken for a pushover."