## 31

Disbanded.

That's what she heard from the group of female students chatting loudly at the back of the room. A group had disbanded. It was such a horrible word. It was quite tempting to join the discussion and find out why the group had disintegrated. No one likes things to be left unexplained.

3 days had passed since the incident, Jake's wound was slowly healing and Minji looked how she normally did. All except one girl could not function properly. She was always caught staring at the window, letting a single boy occupy her thoughts.

"Ryuha?"

Hearing that voice often made her throat feel like there was something stuck inside. She turned to look at Minji.

"Hm?"

"Lunch."

She glanced at the seat in front of her. It was empty. She stood up, passively wrapping her arms around her best friend's. How did things come to this?

As usual, Jake would present some snacks on the table while they all enjoyed their plate of fish and some side dishes. The cafeteria chef never really cooked mouthwatering food but overall they were nutritious. Ryuha wasn't picky with her food but eating wasn't something that interested her which worried her friends.

"Ryuha..." Jake called out.

"Yeah?"

"Just let it out, yeah?"

Let what out? The pain? The anger? The frustration? The yearning? She didn't know what to do first. And so, they all let themselves out in the form of water that trickled down her cheeks. She covered her face with her hands and Minji rushed to hold her friend in her arms. She wished it had been him.

What was once a drizzle, became a downpour. And Ryuha could not stop them.