## 14

She was suffocating.

Because of the asthma attack? No. It was because the clinic was dead silent to the point where even the slightest breathing sounds couldn't be heard. It was way too suffocating.

"Uh," Minji suddenly spoke up, "I'll, uhm, get some fresh air."

Just like that, a man who had his lips shut was with a woman who was afraid of opening that shut door, afraid that the gates of hell might break loose.

"Sunghoon." She mustered up the courage to say his name, "I think I feel fine now, you can take me to-"

That glare. That one glare was enough for her to realize that any spoken word would only worsen her mental and emotional condition.

"I told you to stay by my side."

Ryuha didn't expect him to sound calm. Maybe he was trying hard not to stress himself or he didn't want to show a hint of deviation from his quiet demeanor. It was surely either.

"I just ran, that's all. I was supposed to get some water until my breathing felt heavy."

"Why didn't you come to me after the race? I could've gotten you water. Why didn't you find me?"

She knew beforehand that anything that requires excessive physical activity would result to her asthma attack. She didn't want to bother Sunghoon with that for sure. What she wasn't sure was why Sunghoon sounded so worked up about not being there for her aid. This isn't the first time her attack occured.

"I was just thirsty, that's all. Are you mad?"

"No."

Clearly did not sound like it. He stood up to leave her there to rest.

"Get some rest. Be glad that Jake saw you or else you wouldn't end up getting the rest you need."

"J-jake? How'd he," She whispered to herself sounding baffled, "How'd he find me?"

He gripped onto the door tightly, "Because he's always looking for you."

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he sounded more furious than before.

"Jake likes you."