## 17

It was today.

The moment she's been waiting for. The moment she never knew would come.

"I can't do this."

Ryuha whispers to herself. Only two things were able to degrade Ryuha's self-esteem: Love and recitations during Math class. Now that Math class was finished and break time had been summoned, it was now time for Love.

"Damn it."

Walking back and forth must've had an effect on one's psychological state since it calmed her as time passed by. That is until the person she was waiting for all this time, arrived.

"Hey Ryuha!"

Breathe, she whispered to herself. Yet darn those bright eyes and the colorful aura that surrounded Jake. His eyes formed into crescents and her heart liquified.

"I love you."

"H-huh?"

"Huh? Ah t-the uhm the line ah I was practicing earlier? For a, uhm, book report? Haha yeah that's... yeah."

Despite understanding absolutely nothing, both still laughed out of awkwardness. She was going crazy and to him, she was cute.

"Why'd you call me here?"

"I, uhm," she gulped, "wanted to say that I'm thankful for, uhm, embracing my uniqueness for a while now."

He chuckled. The boy kept on chuckling and she feared that it would make her destroy a wall if he didn't stop.

"Of course, Ryuha! That's what friends do, right?"

"Ah, friends?"

He nodded.

"Jake," she called out to him, "don't you want us to be more than that?"

That glimmer. Once you became close with her you'd know that the glimmer in her eyes signified all the things that shine in this world. The joy, hope and love.

"I'm sorry?"

"I like you, Jake. For a long time now. And I know you like me, too."

He moved closer to her, placing a hand over her head and caressed it like he was holding a gem he can't break. She looked at him with the glimmer slowly fading away.

"Is it really a habit for you to assume about others feelings?"

She tilted her head in confusion, "But Sunghoon-"

"He's messing with 'ya, don't listen to him."

Did the sky fall down on her? No. Maybe her self-esteem did. Because the moment Jake ruffled her hair and walked away with a smile made her realize everything.

"Oh my gosh, I wanna bury myself alive."