## 27

Ideal type.

It was what he wanted to ask. What was her ideal type. Darn it, why had he let go of the chance and let a sloppy question and a lyric joke get in the way? He mentally stomped his foot in anger.

"Earth to Sunghoon?"

"Yeah?"

"Bro," Jake said after calling his friend's name for a few times, "was losing in dodgeball really a big deal? You look kinda mad."

"I'm fine." Was not. In fact his regret began rising that it was about to burst like a bubble.

"If you say so. But if you are bummed out because of losing in that game after an outburst of energy, I suggest you try a better approach next time."

The girls were inside the gymnasium, helping out their classmates clean up after the class had played a game of dodgeball. It was just the two, having a conversation that had two meanings.

"What do you mean by that?"

"By what?"

"Better approach? How could've I been better? I literally lost my chance."

From then on, Jake was starting to wonder if they were really on the same page. "I don't remember seeing you get hit on the head... Sunghoon, you can just ask the office if you could play, tag us along then bam! Instant way to victory."

"But how? How can I win?"

"Dodgeball?" Or her heart? Jake wanted to ask but it would just result to Sunghoon denying his feelings.

"Y-yeah, dodgeball."

"Dodgeball, huh. I guess you must aim nicely, study your opponent rather than just throwing with all your might."

"I see."

"You see? But do you understand?"

Loud and clear. Sunghoon understood every single thing Jake said.

"Once you hit them, they'll fall. Pretty hard," Jake turned to look at Sunghoon, "Make sure you catch them when they fall, okay?"

Sunghoon sighed. He understood every single thing Jake said.