## 23

Really now?

The two people seated in front of Ryuha agreed to whatever she said. Even though it was coming from herself, she had hoped that they would disagree. It was quite unbelievable.

"Why do you want us to disagree?" Minji asks.

"Because! I don't know. Just... because."

"He probably likes you back."

Its absurd how Jake says things like it was nothing out of the blue and Ryuha despised that. He leisurely licked his ice cream popsicle and hummed at its sweet taste and cooling effect on his body.

"I should've gotten you an ice cream, Ryuha. Look at how he's so pleased with his."

"Will that ice cream convince me that I am in love with Sunghoon?"

"No," Minji coughed, "but it'll convince you that you two are sweeter than the ice cream."

Ryuha massaged her temples. Yes, she wanted to hear answers from her friends about her problem of starting to fall in love with Sunghoon but, no, she did not want to hear what she expected to hear.

"Okay but you, Jake."

"Hm?"

"What makes you say Sunghoon likes me back?"

Glance. Minji did the same. And they both chuckled. Ryuha, dear ryuha. Even the wittiest ones can be the slowest at times.

"I didn't believe in the saying 'love is blind' but I guess I do now."

"Preposterous."

The dialogue between Minji and Jake didn't make sense to her. Nothing was making sense. Her phone, deep inside her skirt's pocket, buzzed and she pulled it out of her pocket.

I used your pencil to write on my notebook but it looks weird. She read the text.

"Park Sunghoon why would you- Gosh!"

She ran back to the school building leaving Minji and Jake clueless as to what happened.

"He probably used her eyebrow pencil again."

Jake chuckled at Minji's guess. It was probably correct since Sunghoon had no knowledge when it came to make-up.

"We should get going."

"Why do girls wear make-up?" Jake asked while he cleaned up the seat they were on.

"Boys do, too. Mainly to look prettier but it's also a form of art. Way of expressing yourself."

"Why do you wear make-up?"

"To look good."

He stared at her and she looked at him.

"You already look good." He said without hesitation as he walked past her.